World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps just wondering how hard it is to remove level wind from Akio's s line 651 csm or change cage to ct. I've done a search and can't find much info. is it something I could do myself or is it better to get someone more experienced to have a look?

cheers Paul.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Well try searching for how to modify ABU 6500 reels,pretty much the same things.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It requires changing the lower bar, the one that drives the level wind, by a rigid one.
Plenty to be found for 6500's. Not a single mentioning of it fitting the Akios equivalent.
Check Blakdogtackle/Russ. he'll now for sure.
And he doesn't only shares his wide knowledge he also sells the required parts,...

Hope this helps,

Frank

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the replies chaps seems fairly easy to do. will definitely be ordering bits from you blackdog thanks for the link.

regards paul

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
If you take the lower bar of the 651 csm and replace it with a sturdier, more expensive model that should do the trick mate.

I run a fishing store on the south coast, so give me a shout if you ever need any help.
If the op is cutting out the top bar then ONLY a CT support bar will hold it. What fishing store do you run out of interest?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
It's clear you're passing this opinion as fact for financial gain.

I run Fishing Mayhem in Cornwall, if we have a problem here you're more than welcome to come and discuss it with me face-to-face
Not at all ... its a widely accepted principle and I'm far from the only individual that sell them. Whatever you put in place of the level wind it will need to be fixed at the ends ... be it a solid bar or a threaded bar through the centre of a worm tube. If you cut out the top bar without a solid fixing in place of the level wind your cage will be scrap on the first decent cast.

I'm likely to be in Devon in a couple of months so I might go the extra and take you up on the invite then.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Bluemarlin71
I will make a note of your tackle shop, and make sure I stay well clear of it !!
Or maybe it's someone trying to give a rival shop a bad reputation...? Or someone who's been p*ssed off by the owner/service of Fishing Mayhem and is trying to get their own back?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Id save yourself the hassle and just get a ct cage. .various people sell them for about £80 or might pick one up cheap on ebay..look better than the old school bars..
Unless funds are low..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id save yourself the hassle and just get a ct cage. .various people sell them for about £80 or might pick one up cheap on ebay..look better than the old school bars..
Unless funds are low..
I had thought of going down that route but I think if it cost 70 -80 quid for a ct cage I'd probably be better off just selling reel and buying ct version. that's what impulse buying get you lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I changed my abu 6500 level wind to ct with the help of the support bar i got from blakdog. I was uncertain at first incase i messed it up but went ahead and made it into the ct frame which was really easy. So if i was you i would seriously think about removing the level wind.

Reactions: p smokey

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all,
Just had this thread pointed out to me as someone has been using our name in vain! My name is Alex and as I'm sure a handful of you are aware I am actually the owner of Fishing Mayhem and have never heard of this bluemarlin character!
If anyone spots someone purporting to be from this shop I can guarantee you that unless it's under the FM1 name on here then it is a fake.
On a happier note, blakdog you are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee anytime you are down this neck of the woods! :)
Anyway rant over, I'll see if I can find out who thie bluemarlin character is and put a rocket up them!

Alex Smith
Fishing Mayhem

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Hi Alex, good to see you put the record straight as the last thing any business needs is some character playing what is a very malicious game. As I said in private I have my suspicions as to the identity of that person. If I can manage my planned holiday down your way this year I will most definitely pop in to say hello :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Or maybe it's someone trying to give a rival shop a bad reputation...? Or someone who's been p*ssed off by the owner/service of Fishing Mayhem and is trying to get their own back?
Hi all,
Just had this thread pointed out to me as someone has been using our name in vain! My name is Alex and as I'm sure a handful of you are aware I am actually the owner of Fishing Mayhem and have never heard of this bluemarlin character!
If anyone spots someone purporting to be from this shop I can guarantee you that unless it's under the FM1 name on here then it is a fake.
On a happier note, blakdog you are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee anytime you are down this neck of the woods! :)
Anyway rant over, I'll see if I can find out who thie bluemarlin character is and put a rocket up them!

Alex Smith
Fishing Mayhem
Hi Alex, good to see you put the record straight as the last thing any business needs is some character playing what is a very malicious game. As I said in private I have my suspicions as to the identity of that person. If I can manage my planned holiday down your way this year I will most definitely pop in to say hello :)
Woody33 it would seem that you are right !!!
What kind of p--t does that ??

Alex If I am that way I will pop in and see you and not avoid your shop as stated further up, I am glad this has been sorted for you, as Russ has pointed out nothing worse than bad press

Regards
Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.