World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.....

as reported today on Red Dragon the amount of litter left behind at some marks is in the end, going to give us some bad press, with the powers to be, not needing any excuse to try and stop fishing "foreshore, cold knap swansea pier" just to name a few, we could be playing into there hands.

I fished jacksons point (i think its called that...its got a lighthouse!) the plakkie bag i always carry was as full as i could carry, trying to get around the fence with rucksack rods and this sodding plakkie bag was bloody hard.

There may be a perfectly good explaination for the amount of litter blowing about
sadly we are not talking macdonald boxes(unless thay have started selling "mac-makrel" and sand eel burgers) .........its ours the sea fisherman. :(

If we loose tackel in the sea...theres not a lot we can do. But the amount of line just thrown about on the ground is just plain lazyness.

Swansea pier is worse any more rubbish and we will not have anywhere to stand
having only taken up this hobby for a short time i look forward to fishing EVERY week and enjoy it so much but its not going to be long were i bag more RUBBISH than fish.......................

I take it upon myself to pass the word on this OUR forum .
;)

Please take your rubbish home

No

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I AGREE M8. THE FORESHORE AFTER LAST WEEKS COMP WAS DISGUSTING. I HATE A MESS, I ALWAYS TAKE MINE WITH ME AND FIND A BIN ON THE WAY HOME, IT ONLY CAUSES RATS, AND IS NOT VERY NICE 4 THE ANGLERS ENJOYING THEIR DAY OUT, RUBBISH P . . . . S ME OFF. SORRY LADS..

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's one of my pet hates. It does'nt take any effort to take a couple of carrier bags to put rubbish in, but there are anglers out there who can't be ar**d to do it. A good example is Holyhead Breakwater and Mackerel Rock in the summer. It's disgusting there. But I've also seen it on Saundersfoot Harbour Wall. I've seen up 40 mackerel dumped on the top of the wall there, not to mention the empty crisp packets and bait on the floor. I know most anglers are responsible, but the small minority who leave a mess are putting our fishing in danger. Ah well whinge over off fishing now with my placcy bags for the rubbish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts