World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really trying tae work on my muddlers right noo. Peach muddlers and Clan Chiefs are a must up here in Shetland; magenta too for low light conditions. But for lochs wi large populations o sticklebacks, they're about the only thing the troot will eat!

IMG_20200328_133025_390.jpg
IMG_20200328_160147_641.jpg
IMG_20200329_113930_380.jpg

Canna wait for all this to blow over so I can get back oot chasing gold and silver!
20200225_064150.jpg

20200225_063706.jpg

20190715_183737.jpg

20190225_103831.jpg

20190225_092547.jpg

Stay safe!
Stu :)

·
WSF Administrator
56,951 Posts
Nice one Stu, thought there would have been a wee bit more red in the thorax area :sneaky::sneaky::happydance::BigGrin:

Very nice.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Beautiful flies Stu. Some cracking fish there too.
I always loved muddlers for the top dropper when chasing wild browns in mid wales lakes but unfortunately I’ve got a deer hair allergy passed down from the old man.
Great time to stock the box up

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice one Stu, thought there would have been a wee bit more red in the thorax area :sneaky::sneaky::happydance::BigGrin:

Very nice.
There's an entirely red version coming called "The Spectre", it just takes me ages to get them tied when the only tools I have are a hammer and a sickle ;)

Reactions: TrevR

·
WSF Administrator
56,951 Posts
There's an entirely red version coming called "The Spectre", it just takes me ages to get them tied when the only tools I have are a hammer and a sickle ;)
Awesome mate.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful flies Stu. Some cracking fish there too.
I always loved muddlers for the top dropper when chasing wild browns in mid wales lakes but unfortunately I’ve got a deer hair allergy passed down from the old man.
Great time to stock the box up
Cheers, man! In all my years in Wales, I never did much fly fishing (for my sins!); it was all about the shore fishing. I'm sure the Welsh lakes must be amazing to fish.
Shame about the deer hair allergy, I also tie "muddler" heads with synthetic materials too and just Gink them up!

·
Registered
14,888 Posts
Although I know as much about flies as I do about quantum physics, I think they look great , and the colours on the trout are fantastic , especially the one with the green rod above it .

Well done.

Dave

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although I know as much about flies as I do about quantum physics, I think they look great , and the colours on the trout are fantastic , especially the one with the green rod above it .

Well done.

Dave
Cheers! Yeah I think that's the boanniest troot I've ever caught!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Cheers, man! In all my years in Wales, I never did much fly fishing (for my sins!); it was all about the shore fishing. I'm sure the Welsh lakes must be amazing to fish.
Shame about the deer hair allergy, I also tie "muddler" heads with synthetic materials too and just Gink them up!
I loved Claerwen when it was less accessible. Had to walk an hour to start catching good numbers and could get 50 browns to about 12 inches.
Elan valley has less fish but is stocked so you get some bigger fish.
Clwyedog before they had petrol engines was magic. Since I started sea fishing seriously I’ve spent less and less time and this year I was planning on doing a bit more again. Typical timing. All the best

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are there Mullet where you are Stu?
Traditional wisdom would say no, but yeah, there are. I know 2 places where good sized shoals have been spotted and confirmed; they're on my radar ;)

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Cracking job there mate . Love the pink tail ones . If you ever want to sell a couple let me know . Would be prefect for those wise old trout . Just something to annoy them

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Cracking looking brownies :). Oddly back in Grafham's prime the only fly they would take when they were on the snail was a mini Muddler.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cracking job there mate . Love the pink tail ones . If you ever want to sell a couple let me know . Would be prefect for those wise old trout . Just something to annoy them
I'm almost too lazy to tie them for myself unfortunately, man! This is isolation getting the better of me haha.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cracking looking brownies :). Oddly back in Grafham's prime the only fly they would take when they were on the snail was a mini Muddler.
This time of year up here a lot of the trout are on snail, you either have tae gie them something gaudy or something tiny and dark!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good luck with mate . They are sure fish catchers
Cheers, man!
If you're needing some flies tied up, Jackie Mahon on FB is your guy. I bought a big selection of dabblers fae him and they're immaculate! Very reasonably priced too.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Super job those flies and a cracking post , just what we need after all this virus sh1t ! Well done .

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts