World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I tend to pick the night time to fish off the beach but tomorrow I'm gonna give it a go in the day early morning through till afternoon , got the usual lug and a few other fish baits , any tips anyone could chuck my way regarding bait/distances for tomorrow ?
Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's basically "give it some whellie" no gentle casting like in the cover of darkness , gonna try prawns/sandeels and lug and maybe get the cuttlefish out the freezer , big baits or singles ?

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hiya Ryan,
if you don't have to move miles with the tide i'd fish 2 rods- 1 for scratching close in with smallish hooks & the other as Wabby said- chucked as far as you can.
Also if you don't know the beach i'd be looking at getting there a bit before low tide to see whats in front of you- patches of rough, snags, gulleys etc.
Tight lines.
Rick;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've fished it for the last 2 months but only after dark and had plenty of whiting and my first dogfish (which was a very pleasant surprise) but when I've got there early in the light I've had no bite till it's dark

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've fished it for the last 2 months but only after dark and had plenty of whiting and my first dogfish (which was a very pleasant surprise) but when I've got there early in the light I've had no bite till it's dark
The Ting always come out to play from Sunset to Sunrise. Vampires I tell thee.

Where abouts in the country you fishing? Might be worth posting in your local section for local advice as my advice is more suited to a particular 10 yard peg of a particular estuary.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's Felixstowe and I know some people don't like the dogfish but personally I was over the moon when I caught it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the sandeels cause apparently the dogfish like them but the whiting got to them before anything else had a chance the last time I was out , gonna try and pop into the local tackle shop for bait tips before I hit the beach

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hiya again Ryan,
I don't know your area but if its fairly shallow (i fish mainly round Blackpool so its upto half a mile between the low & high tide lines) it'll probably be hard work on a day tide, have you any piers near you? If you have i'd be heading for one of them if possible as they'll give you access to deeper water & the structures themselves can be a haunt for many different species.
If its got to be the beach as you know what it fishes like i'd go "Sh#t or Bust" & fish as far out as i could with fish baits- a pair of chesties are essential in my area (wade out as far as we can/dare so maybe a 100 mtrs then cast as far as we can so maybe another 120 mtrs), it can/does make a hell of a difference to our catches.
Rick;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Rick
It's quite deep where I go so no need to wade out and I'd say it's about 15/20 meters from low to high here , I have got a couple of piers near me but don't like the idea of using a drop net and like the beach , so you reckon Mack/herring/blueys would be a better choice than prawns and lug ?
Cheers Ryan

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hiya Ryan,
If you want to give yourself the best chance of avoiding the blank generally bait wise the more variety the better.
I'd still (this is just my way of doing it) go all out with the fish baits- you'll have more chance of Doggies & maybe a Ray & still catch the Whiting.
Once Cod season starts i'll forget the fish baits & start with the big worm baits.
Rick;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well managed to get rods out at 10:30 till 3 , fished with sandeel/tiger prawns for the first few hours with nothing then put the lug on and had a few bites and managed to land 2 tings , the second being around 35/37cm so was happy with that

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers rick
Loaded up with 6 lug per cast and that did the trick , missed a few bites but for a sunny day overall it was a good day

1 - 18 of 18 Posts