World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just posted up in the newbie section and forewarned about this post :)

I am hoping to get out and have second bash at this sea fishing lark after a considerable lay off. Sunday 16th is looking promising for me but obviously have little experience ATM. I am torn between either going to Hayling Island - Eastoke corner? or maybe somewhere else on the island? My other option is the old faithful of Gilkicker Point. Curious to know whats worth the trip at the moment. I understand Magazine Lane is fair but don't fancy that level of snag fishing!

Would appreciate any advice but then also appreciate you have probably been asked the same thing X number of times.

Cheers

Adie

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
If its good Sunday i might fish gilkicker Sunday morning from 6 till mid day i live local
And have been decorating every weekend since the first Saturday in January dying to get
Out even though my kids have given me the flu if i don't get out i think ill murder them

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maggie lane isn't fishing that great at the moment anyway, I suspect due to the amount of freshwater passing through from the Test. Hythe reclaimed land may be worth a punt for flounder.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my ignorance - the RNLI Station on Hayling was suggested as this should offer some protection from the supposed South Westerly?? Having said that I seem to remember the tide rips through there with considerable weed - deep water though. I've only ever fished Eastoke corner myself before but that was before the sea defences went in and maybe even the groynes (spelling?). I dont know Hythe all and apparently Hamble can be quite good. Guess I have a lot to learn.

Cheers

Guys

·
Registered
61 Posts
If its good Sunday i might fish gilkicker Sunday morning from 6 till mid day

As above, try fishing ebb along the front at Hayling might be a few schoolies? Weather looks ok at the moment, if no good try the Lifeboat Station over high?

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you need any bait for the session then you should go to Hookers Bait on Hayling Island. Fantastic Bait! Fantastic prices!

Well I am hoping they are open Sunday morning on the way over (?) Being newbies we are fishing 2 hours up and 3 down - high tide is supposed to be 12:20.

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys ..... much appreciated.

Cheers

Adie

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Keep it local and simple, it's not worth driving far out it's better to blank locally... I dont believe anywhere will be fishable until next week...simple mathematics Big wind+big tide=sh.t loadsa weed. You will struggle to hold bottom by the lifeboat...fact!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Keep it local and simple, it's not worth driving far out it's better to blank locally... I dont believe anywhere will be fishable until next week...simple mathematics Big wind+big tide=sh.t loadsa weed. You will struggle to hold bottom by the lifeboat...fact!
You don't have a clue mush ! This weather is throwing bass up all over the place !
Infact I fishing a 5 meter tide in jan at the life boat slip road and caught a 7.2 lbs bass witch won the shore catch in sea angler this month .

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You don't have a clue mush ! This weather is throwing bass up all over the place !
Infact I fishing a 5 meter tide in jan at the life boat slip road and caught a 7.2 lbs bass witch won the shore catch in sea angler this month .
Surely 7.2lb in jan deserve a wsf catch report too. There's two lifeboat station one at the seafront and other a chi harbour mouth. At the front will be too expose in 80mph wind in your face, at the entrance you get 3hrs from low, did you catch yours in the last hour before low..?.one of my best timing! Of course there'll be decent bass in these condition but I think the catch rate ratio per session is still low and not worth effort. I say this probably because i dont live by the seaside but if i lived closer ill probably have a different formulae

·
Registered
159 Posts
Surely 7.2lb in jan deserve a wsf catch report too. There's two lifeboat station one at the seafront and other a chi harbour mouth. At the front will be too expose in 80mph wind in your face, at the entrance you get 3hrs from low, did you catch yours in the last hour before low..?.one of my best timing! Of course there'll be decent bass in these condition but I think the catch rate ratio per session is still low and not worth effort. I say this probably because i dont live by the seaside but if i lived closer ill probably have a different formulae
It was over high tide I caught that one and I did put a report on wsf ... And this year between me and my mate we've caught plenty of bass for the table all ranging from 3.5 to 7.2 I would say we must of had 10+ .. In fact today was my first blank since Xmas . This weather is doing us great . Tight lines old bean ?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well done on your jan bass i remember your report now but had to look back at it again and it was caught at Stokes bay rather than hayling....it made me wonder coz i also caught similar size fish that day in January and I was by the lifeboat too, while you were in stoke bay. But you mentioned yesterday that you caught it by the lifeboat slipway at hayling and not stoke...hmmmm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well done on your jan bass i remember your report now but had to look back at it again and it was caught at Stokes bay rather than hayling....it made me wonder coz i also caught similar size fish that day in January and I was by the lifeboat too, while you were in stoke bay. But you mentioned yesterday that you caught it by the lifeboat slipway at hayling and not stoke...hmmmm
There is a life boat slip way at stokes bay that's what I was talking about .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts