World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arrived at the point about 8ish. plan was to fish low up to high water.was a 4.2 tide.wind was very strong at times,blew my rod stands and beach buddy over lucky the beach buddy was pinned down with a bucket of stones in the corner.first cast doggie took sandeel.then about 2 hours before high the bites started happening double shots of pout,whiting and dogfish on ragworm.there was no weed and the tidal pull was ok no issues.packed up just before high not a bad session.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
A nice session there, cheers

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
You did better than we did on Friday night...had lots of weed on Friday too, but we were further round by the groynes

JIm

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my experience mate,the groynes would be less weedy then the point so it's strange that I had no weed and you had loads.the problem with the point is that it can be snaggy.lost 3 sets of gear. So think maybe next time il fish to the west of the fort.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You will get weed all round gilkicker, Monkton side (Groynes) can be terrible just like the point.

Good effort though guys :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate seen you have had some nices rays recently I'm fishing lee this weekend for them.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yeah was a bit weird, but that's kicker for u lol....ill be out on Saturday for the rays, such a perfect tide too now im just praying to the weather gods lol

Jim

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will be fishing for them tomorrow night if you want to join me. (I will also be out Saturday night)

I have heard a lot of them being pulled out of hill head, unfortunately we have just missed the good tides to fish there.

Plenty of Bass around that can always snatch a Ray bait too :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm going to gilkicker on Friday. It will be my first time there, I'm a little confused as to when is the best time to fish. I've researched the venue on the web and the consensus seems to be that it's a low water mark, yet most of the posts on this forum have been of sessions fishing over high tide.
Also can you park at the lifeboat station and walk towards the point from there?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm going to gilkicker on Friday. It will be my first time there, I'm a little confused as to when is the best time to fish. I've researched the venue on the web and the consensus seems to be that it's a low water mark, yet most of the posts on this forum have been of sessions fishing over high tide.
Also can you park at the lifeboat station and walk towards the point from there?
Yes you can park at at lifeboat slip car park. (Pay for it until 6pm ) Gilkicker is well known for it's strong tides. And anything above i think 4.3 is concidered unfishable at the point or the nearer you get yo it( happy to be corrected here ) due to strong tide and weed issues. Best fished on neaps in my opinion. If you want to fish high water.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cheers thanks
We were going to fish half ride down and then half up. So we should be ok, probably will fish halfwAy between point and lifeboat station

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Was going to fish gillkicker this weekend myself might have to give it a miss
Sounds like its going to be busy still shouldn't moan with the last 6 weeks of weather
Its bound to be busy everyone is dying to get out

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Kicker can be fished over high, just better on smaller tides....and thisweekend coming up are big tides lol. Good luck, im chasing dabs at Eastney this weekend by the looks of it, but might get over to chase the rays if im lucky lol

Jim

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a chart about the tide speed at kicker.high tide down 2hours is the strongest tidal pull.2 hours before low and 2 hours before high are slack periods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts