World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ya im looking for a little help to fish gilkicker beach in gosport, i was wondering if there was a good part of the beach to fish and which is the best bait to use, as i've fished there quite a few times but haven't had much luck. thanx lewis

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hello lewis welcome m8y. i dont know that area myself, but there will be someone on here that should help you. be a bit patient thow, hope you enjoy the site?

·
Registered
49 Posts
me and a freind fished it sunday night, not good
had acouple of good bites befor it got dark but then nothing, we tried moving and all we found was more current, weed and spider crabs
my advice would be try somewhere else

·
Registered
279 Posts
Gilkicker beach should be fished on no more than a 4.2mtr tide beause of the run of tide best place to fish there is to the left of the fort as you look out to sea (in the groyns) as just in front of these is very deep water.You should be able to catch smuts doggies pout bass and the odd cod in winter also the odd sole has been known to come from this area,Hope this helps tight lines!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quality thanks. i'll be going on friday night if the tide is right. i'll let you know if i have any luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts