World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear a lot of anglers geting dipondent and even not bothering to fish a beach due to gill nets but its not a complet no no
now i realy HATE NETS WITH A PASHION BUT have spoken to comercial nets men as use to drink in a pub in selsey few years ago
& a lot of fish spook of nets by touch/ sight ie bass bream plaice also eels dog fish simply swim through a 100mm mesh net unless fish are
forced into onto net so thay get tangeled by the gills (shiver horror:nonono:) so when you next see nets dont not bother fishing cary on
regardless dont let them get you down ....#um:bleh:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,040 Posts
Although I don't get excited at the sight of them and would rather see a net free sea infront of me this is purely from my own selfish point of view and fact is they will always be around in some shape or form so there's no point not going fishing just at the sight of them, sure it probably has an effect on the results of a session but there are still fish about and sometimes IMO it's an easy excuse if the fishings poor... what shall we do try and come together up in arms to ban nets and put men out of jobs so we can catch a few extra fish? Like everyone else I don't like to see them when I get to the beach but if I'm honest it's only for selfish reasons and there are still fish about if you look hard enough IMO.. Like you say, some but not all are caught in the nets so it just makes us work harder to catch whats out there...

On that note, I'm off fishing..

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have a good one:thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts