World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard the other day that somebody has broken the british record with a fish of 8lb 8oz from carnsew pool at hayle , anybody else heard this or am i bieng wound up :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
there was a bream caught there of that size, but soon after i believe that the whole pool was netted and everything was cleared out :mad: :(

there was another thread about this in the last few days with a bit more info.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It wasn't a British record, only a Cornish record. British is 10+ and was caught from the Salcombe estuary, along with many of the fish recently reported as coming from Hayle. However, this didn't stop the netters, who wiped the pool stocks out, including thousands of tiny bass, mullet and bream.
That's only to be expected when the place is invaded by hoardes of Plymouth anglers after a Blue Peter badge for gobbing off about what they catch. They can't fish locally any more, as none of the locals will put up with their lies, and their providing of information to the local commercial fleet via Mr Millman's regular columns... :mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that boys . i,me not suprised that the commercials have got involved they are ther own worst enemy catch today moan tommorrow about the lack of fish :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
its not just commercials -what about the anglers. Bout time we all start waking up to the impact that angling pressure can have on fish stocks - on some species it is signiifcant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gellyfour, where do you get off slagging off Plymouth anglers just for having the cheek to visit your area. Do you never fish in any other place apart from Hayle? Christ pal, live and let live, knob head!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sammy i am in agreement with you mate ,no problem with me where you boys fish to,our coastline is big enough for all of us.cheers fawlty :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nope, never fished anywhere outside of Hayle Pool. I get my kicks from looking at all of the pictures of Plymouth anglers in magazines and newspapers, from all of the marks they've ruined by opening their mouths. Think I may go to the pool this evening to see how many bream they've killed to show their "mates" today...

These anglers are the worst culprits - look at the state of Millbrook creek; once the best flonder area within 5 miles of Plymouth, so what do they do? Wipe it out by killing literally thousands of fish over a peiod of years in local comps, rather than look at methods of conservation, like 1 prize 1 angler, or 1 fish of each specie.

Get a life.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wind ups aside, nobody has got a problem with anyone fishing anywhere, but WHY do they have to gob off in papers in magazines. All this does is lead to overcrowding, overfishing, bad feeling and, ultimately, netting. Thanks to the rubbish printed in papers and magazines by a certain angling journalist, many commercial fishermen are netting out the few remaining hotspots around our coasts, e.g. Hayle. Do you think they are going to ignore sites like this?!!

It's bad enough when you get anglers keeping needless numbers of fish to weigh, when one would do, without helping out the commercial sector.

There are a few anglers out there who need to take a look at themselves, and keep hotspots quiet. I know this goes against the principle of a site like this, but just pass info via private messages - there are p****s out there watching.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi jellyfour,no arguments there mate ,angling press in general are nowhere near in touch with the real world,sites like this are much better in my opinion .dont suppose you can give me some info on where abouts in the pool is the best place to fish also what state of tide is best,although i only live up the road i have never fished the pool.look forward to hearing from you .cheers fawlty :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts