World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone has any info on baits/tactics for a planned boat trip from Girvan next weekend ( if the weathers kind ) ?

Hopefully there should be a few pollack around ( ? ) -- so would light tackle float/leadhead baited with rag be ok or would artificials be the way to go? :g:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hi m8, I'm fishing off Girvan on Sat so i will put a post up and let you know how we get on. I find Leadheads with big fresh Rag will out fish everything else :fishing: Although i always bring my Shads, Jellies and Eels as they also pick up fish but in my opinion not as many.

·
Registered
409 Posts
try and get your hands on gulp pumkinseed nightcrawlers, and the ol fav firetails. the gulp were a outfishing everything last time, they were discontinued but i think they have started doing them again. big strip of maceral belly is a killer too!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers - wasn't quite sure if the fish would be looking for something in particular this early.

I'll take some rag/mackie/sandeels along with the usual artificials.

Also got a load of various bits of rubber and plastic that I've bought on impulse ( not got the pumpkin seed nightcrawlers - though :) ) - might give them a dunk if there are a few fish around.

bmac - if you do get a chance to post anything that would be great. :)

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Hya Kenny
I hear Girvan is full of cod just now - best tactics 6/0 hook with peeler crab and squid hard on the bottom with a 12 oz lead :secret: . Best to leave all your lead heads jellies raggies etc at home they will only fill your box up !!!! :)
Tell him nothing BMAC he is just trying to get a heads start for our first boat match :boat:
You can tell me though :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aye right!....cheers Peter...:secret: :) :)

The best tactics are a mackerel head and guts fished at dawn - for that lunker bass :clap3:

Seriously - hoping to buy some rag and mackie - let me know if you need some - not quite sure as it's the easter weekend?

Hopefuly we get out as it's my first boat trip since September :blink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts