World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself, Willie, Ken-r and Kenny-g fished out of Girvan today with Tony Wass, The trip was from 8am-4pm and the rest of the party was made up by 4 newbies to Sea/Pollack fishing.
As we left the harbour it was Blue Sky's, sunny and just a slight wind but as we reached Pladda Lighthouse (1hr15m later) It was windy :uhuh: Unfishable actually, So we headed round to the left of it for shelter. The fishing was slow but we did manage some Pollack around 2 1/2-3lb and some Coalies around the 1lbish mark, Nothing big though. The weather changed dramatically about 1hr before we had to leave..... We couldn't believe it !! No wind and much calmer water :) The fishing improved also with a steady amount of fish coming onboard and a few bigger fish around 4lb :) :) It was good to see everybody on the boat caught and it was nice to see the biggest fish of the day a Pollack about 5lb fell to the young lad on the boat :clap3: :clap3:
We had a go for Wrasse but there was none about, Best tactics today were very mixed, Nothing stood out. Leadheads with Rag or Jellies worked also the Gulp bait caught some fish also.
Not the best days fishing I've had but we all enjoyed it and caught fish, It's a pity the bigger fish did not show and the weather didn't change earlier... But That's fishing !! :)

T

·
0 Posts
Im glad ive got the salmon fishing bug back beacause that sounds like another mince trip to me,sea-fishing is too easy

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sounds Like A Good Trip , Did You's Manageto Get Any Pics.

Al

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
good report there bmac, :clap3: pity there was,nt any bigger fish out but thats fishin for ya , just wondering if their in spawning mode with this mild weather , :idea: :g: :g:

T

·
0 Posts
Here we go ive got the sp"HUI" mob on my back now,catching pollack is easy,tell me what is difficult about it?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just wondering if their in spawning mode with this mild weather , :idea: :g: :g:
You are 100% right m8, Thats why we moved a few times. We had a few males and females indicating this when caught :unsure: Sadly dropping eggs/ etc on the boat.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
You are 100% right m8, Thats why we moved a few times. We had a few males and females indicating this when caught :unsure: Sadly dropping eggs/ etc on the boat.
nice report mate :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Here we go ive got the sp"HUI" mob on my back now,catching pollack is easy,tell me what is difficult about it?

does fishing have to difficult to be fun. :g:

you have pm !!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i wouldnae mind going out on that boat is that the one with all the pics at the harbourside
some nice fish in those and a good variety too someone said they have even been getting tope the past few years

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers guy's
Sounds Like A Good Trip , Did You's Manageto Get Any Pics.

Al
No sorry Al, Forgot the camera.
Im out again next Sunday to Ailsa Craig for a club match, Let's hope the bigger ones are about and the Seals don't get them !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts