World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to visit denge yesterday, fished 16.30-02.00 water was gin clear and very calm, mmmm, plaice I thought. Rigged one rod for plaice the other the other for ray well you never know!

Nothing all day not even a sniff. dusk then darkness fell, took the plaice rig off, the tide started to rise and the Ting came out to play, well keeps you occupied.

Re baited the ray rig looked at the other rod the line had pulled round, reeled in felt heavy, and on the beach is a big, big bass put it on the measure 54cm. Took it down to water the tears on me cheeks salivary glands working overtime and off it went to get suffocated in a gill net.

A big thanks to the EU

Plato was rite . JUSTICE IS FOR THE STRONG.

·
TOPWATER BASS LURE ADDICT
4,877 Posts
Decided to visit denge yesterday, fished 16.30-02.00 water was gin clear and very calm, mmmm, plaice I thought. Rigged one rod for plaice the other the other for ray well you never know!

Nothing all day not even a sniff. dusk then darkness fell, took the plaice rig off, the tide started to rise and the Ting came out to play, well keeps you occupied.

Re baited the ray rig looked at the other rod the line had pulled round, reeled in felt heavy, and on the beach is a big, big bass put it on the measure 54cm. Took it down to water the tears on me cheeks salivary glands working overtime and off it went to get suffocated in a gill net.

A big thanks to the EU

Plato was rite . JUSTICE IS FOR THE STRONG.
Mmmm.....yea :rolleyes: unfortunately Rob that's not really the way to look at it,

As there are always gonna be changes in life and fishing n fish rules are of no acception,
It's a case of accepting it and getting on with things ;)

Being onest we really ought to be lucky that we haven't got a pay for a license as every coarse angler has to :rolleyes:

At 54 cm that is around 4 lb, nice fish well done Rob ;)

Stuart

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The thing is Stuart we as English people are well known for just "accepting" things, well at least the government is
You don't see the Frogs just accepting things or the Australians, there are quite a few other countries as well !!
About time this government got some bloody back bone and voiced what the people want and not what they (government) want :eek::eek::eek:
F--K the EU and all it stands for.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mmmm.....yea :rolleyes: unfortunately Rob that's not really the way to look at it,

As there are always gonna be changes in life and fishing n fish rules are of no acception,

Being onest we really ought to be lucky that we haven't got a pay for a license as every coarse angler has to :rolleyes:

Stuart
Would you find it acceptabal

Stuart

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Stuart
That,s Ok but would you find it acceptable to suffocate lambs in an abbatior???????????????????????????

·
4,877 Posts
That,s Ok but would you find it acceptable to suffocate lambs in an abbatior???????????????????????????
No mate I obviously wouldn't accept the suffocation but I wasn't really talking about the netting, I was more so talking about us recreational anglers in having to return the fish,

We can all go on about this on a daily basis as many often do until yer blue in the face but in reality we simply can't do nothing about it,

now they've got there foot in the door it's gonna be difficult to change anything,

As we ain't got the power and authority to change anything as an average recreational angler which is why I say we may aswell just accept because otherwise you'll just be driving yerself insane :rolleyes:

Stuart

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No mate I obviously wouldn't accept the suffocation but I wasn't really talking about the netting, I was more so talking about us recreational anglers in having to return the fish,

We can all go on about this on a daily basis as many often do until yer blue in the face but lein reality we simply can't do nothing about it,

now they've got there foot in the door it's gonna be difficult to change anything,

As we ain't got the power and authority to change anything as an average recreational angler which is why I say we may aswell just accept because otherwise you'll just be driving yersef insane :rolleyes:

Stuart
Good to hear your opinion but it doesn't get away from the fact that indiscriminate netting dose the majority of damage done to fish stocks, as responsible rec anglers will only take fish of a regulatory size. The quote at the end says it all.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

We can all go on about this on a daily basis as many often do until yer blue in the face but in reality we simply can't do nothing about it,

As we ain't got the power and authority to change anything as an average recreational angler which is why I say we may aswell just accept because otherwise you'll just be driving yerself insane :rolleyes:

Stuart
Stu
If we set our own rules thats one thing, but it's the bureaucrats in Brussels playing at King Arthur and the infamous round table telling us what we can and cannot do and we are paying a lot of money for the privileged.

·
4,877 Posts
Stu
If we set our own rules thats one thing, but it's the bureaucrats in Brussels playing at King Arthur and the infamous round table telling us what we can and cannot do and we are paying a lot of money for the privileged.
Yea know what yer saying Rob, yea the EU does pee me off at times but I just try to switch off and forget when I here em discussing ridiculous and annoying issues :rolleyes:..........admitingly though it's easier said than done sometimes :rolleyes:

Stuart

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well done Rob on the bass it saved your day. Very nice light hearted story to go with it too.

Reactions: STUART WHITING

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good FISHING report, let's keep it that way please.
Yes I know what you mean but it was intended to provoke discussion and, to assess the general feeling around this forum, a bit disappointed relay thought it may get a bit more comment. Once again sorry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.