World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip out on Saturday or Sunday for the first time in ages. A quick check on the weekends forecast is giving the following for Brighton....XC=west or northwest 2-7mph for Saturday. The BBC is giving 23 mph Southerly????????? Not much of a difference then?. What chance do we have when two sites are giving such wildly different forecasts. Someone in these organisations needs a swift boot up the rear end,as they cant both be right. Anyone can accept a few mph difference in the wind speed,or a slight difference in the direction,but these two forecasts couldnt be further away from each other if they tried. It gets to the point where you wonder if they really have a clue,or is the tea boy guessing the weather for a bet?

Raider.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Of course you've always got to go with the best forecast :)
which is windguru.
... and windguru says there's a good chance we are going fishing :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Might do Gary. Waiting to see what the weather will do. My crew is enthusiastic, but after a poor show from the last few trips, i am not lol.
A poor show? Fish were practically jumping aboard Kapow on the port side?

·
Registered
11,708 Posts
The BBC forecast is a lot more Generic than XC and I would always go with XC as they are normally fairly spot on, but the forecasts can change quite a bit in a 24 hour period and the closer to the day the more accurate the forecast.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Were out tomorrow, first fir a few rays then to see if the plaice have arrived. Forcast looks good for it

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Good luck Hugh, I think you will need it, although the forecast does look good.
Yeah not expecting a lot Steve but been so long got to make the most of this window

1 - 13 of 13 Posts