World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was lookin at the store and came across the 'penn' offers, and I want to buy the penn powerstix 12'6 Fixed Spool Rod, but hen I click on buy and confirm, when it gets to the checkout it has no price etc. has anyone else found this?? ifnot good omeone take a look at see if Im doing anything wrong??? thanks

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I would personaly shop elsewhere, Gerry's or veals for instance. Not much good being said about gac on this forum. I've heard that Torbay angling are ok to deal with, closer to you as well.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hi Ellis1991

I regularly buy from GAC and am happy with them.

There are a lot of changes being carried out on their website at present and it looks like this is an omission not logging the price in the Checkout section.

Just give them a call as advised in the earlier post and they will confirm the price for you.

If you are buying on-line and have a subscription to Sea Angler or the Fly Fishing Fly Tying Magazines you can get free VIP Membership which gives you 10% off the prices. See under Subscriber's Offers.

Steinbeisser

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi Ellis1991

I regularly buy from GAC and am happy with them.

There are a lot of changes being carried out on their website at present and it looks like this is an omission not logging the price in the Checkout section.

Just give them a call as advised in the earlier post and they will confirm the price for you.

If you are buying on-line and have a subscription to Sea Angler or the Fly Fishing Fly Tying Magazines you can get free VIP Membership which gives you 10% off the prices. See under Subscriber's Offers.

Steinbeisser
or he could support his local penn dealer!!!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
i always use the g,a,c. and now they are first class, every problem ive had, has been sorted right away, "no problem".

its not my local shop as im in torrance, but i always give them the business and they always sort me out,

their cheap, quality gear and have most things i need, also i meet fellow anglers from the forum their,

and its been the same faces, over the years,

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I find the GAC's website absolutely hellish to navigate around and totally headache inducing so I usually stick to veals (not to mention bad experiences with GAC mail order - over a month to deliver a set of scales! I only live 1 1/2hours down the road!! :g: ) Don't know why they changed their site, it was good a few years ago :fishing1:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
or he could support his local penn dealer!!!
Well you pays your money and makes your choice. GAC have a huge selection (but obviously do not stock every make of rod, etc) and not everything is shown on their website, but is nonetheless available Mail Order. They can even get stuff from their sister companies Chapman Angling UK, or Glasgow Field Sports if you are after something specific. I have always found GAC very helpful.

It's really a case of finding one or two shops you are happy with and building up a relationship with them. That obviously can be 'your local Penn dealer' or someone else!

Steinbeisser

1 - 10 of 10 Posts