World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thats me back from my two weeks in Cumbrae and what a last week of fishing.

I was fishing at Farland Point just b4 you come in to Millport using feathers and was never let down with the Mackys

Think it was 6 times i went down and on all occasions i didnt blank,

All in all well over a hundred mackerel.

It was even that good that we had seals in the water and still caught though most that i threw back prob ended up seal food.

Last night went down for an hour and a half with the father in law we got 19 he got 14 a got 5 his 15 included 1 wee pollock all went back in the water so very eventful macky bashing.

I thouroughly recommend it if anyone has a spare few pound for the ferry n thatget yourself down to farland point with some feathers in any weather and any time of the tide you probably wont blank.

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Did you do any fishing while you were across , or did you stick to mackerel bashing and collecting bait (the 100 you caught) i take it there for the winter.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried some fishing using the mackerel for bait apart from a few crabs and a lot of snags nothing else really.

the gfs gran was down with the uncle n me n him went out once and got 20ish they were eating mackerel that night and for the next 2 nights i believe.

all the mackerel after that was either used for bait or thrown back and maybe a few to other guys ouyt on the rocks to use.

Like io said in my report there was a hungry seal there too who took advantage of the situation ill try get a photo on here of it just about to take a mackerel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts