World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any1 can help, im from the west end of glasgow and im looking to do a bit a sea fishing but dont want to travel to far. Ive heard of bowling harbour and have heard mixed reports, also heard a bit about the lochs but im wondering if theres any good fishing down Wemyss bay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
eh i stay in erskine fished round about the bridge for a few years now had some average seatrout about the 2lbs mark and some decent flatties i normaly just target the seatrout though but ive herd from other people who fish there if u fish a gripper weight with rag,lug or crab bait you will pick up a few different speices well worth a day drip let me know if u deside to try and how you get on

·
Registered
218 Posts
What kind of bait and technique etc do you use for the sea trout at Bowling and do you fish from the breakwater??

Ta...............:fishing1:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am looking for somewhere to go fishing tomorrow, idealy a peir or something as i don't want to lose too much tackle, I don't fish much and don't have a clue where to go. I shall be spinning, which will no doubt be for macky's as that's all I ever catch spinning lol then with another rod using mackys for bait I'd like to catch some other fish, pollock or whatever.
I'm from renfrewshire so would like to go no further than largs but further than greenock, as any time I've been here (years ago mind) it has been very poor

Any tips, or exact places to go would be a massive help.
I'm not familure with where peirs are etc so the more direction I could be given would be great, the only pier I can think of is helensburgh, how is that for fishing? wasn't bad I don't think when I was younger... but that was then eh.

p.s sorry for hijacking your thread, just throught it was better than starting my own since it seems we're after the same sort of thing

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I too am looking for somewhere to go fishing tomorrow, idealy a peir or something as i don't want to lose too much tackle, I don't fish much and don't have a clue where to go. I shall be spinning, which will no doubt be for macky's as that's all I ever catch spinning lol then with another rod using mackys for bait I'd like to catch some other fish, pollock or whatever.
I'm from renfrewshire so would like to go no further than largs but further than greenock, as any time I've been here (years ago mind) it has been very poor

Any tips, or exact places to go would be a massive help.
I'm not familure with where peirs are etc so the more direction I could be given would be great, the only pier I can think of is helensburgh, how is that for fishing? wasn't bad I don't think when I was younger... but that was then eh.

p.s sorry for hijacking your thread, just throught it was better than starting my own since it seems we're after the same sort of thing

hi there .

unfortunately the clyde estuary all fishes more of less the same , if your after some other species or even a change of scenery why not try one of the nearer west coast lochs , loch long , loch fyne etc ..

you also mentioned a pier , why not ty inverary pier there are a veriety of species to be had from there .

al

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi there .

unfortunately the clyde estuary all fishes more of less the same , if your after some other species or even a change of scenery why not try one of the nearer west coast lochs , loch long , loch fyne etc ..

you also mentioned a pier , why not ty inverary pier there are a veriety of species to be had from there .

al
I've never fished a Loch, I'm totally amature, what would be best to use for a loch, is a permit needed for either iverary (will need to check the distance that is from me first) but what would be best to use from there and what can be caught?

Was in millport the other week fishing from the point there and loved it, caught 10+ mackys just don't want the expense of driving to largs, then a boat, then a bus for what I intend to be a couple of hours fishing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts