World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well l was throw picking up my rod of stan m and what a great job he done as well im very pleased with well over the moon.
anyhow thought l would call into glasgo angling center for a pair of chestwaders and some other bits and bobs anyhow when l got home they never give me my free studs to go with them all he said was come back up with proof of purchase anyhow they never give me any and l forgot to ask for it but as l live 2hrs away it was not worth while going for them as l said this to him he just ok and put the phone down l thought what a @@@@ but least l know l wont be back in that shop again ill stick to gerrys from now on least they know how to speak to you.

G

·
Bought a floatie from Glasgow Angling, both the zips on which went 53 weeks from the date of purchase. They would not budge from their 12 month guarantee. Obviously goodwill is not an issue for them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was down at GAC on tuesday ,it was the first time I had visited the shop I drove down from Stoney with my son . I wanted a bit of touchy feelie of the gear that I have been seeing in the mags and reading about on the forum , I spent a few bob and am happy with my purchases and what I saved covered my fuel and I left with £18 of freebies so for me I found then freindly and helpful ,

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I was down at GAC on tuesday ,it was the first time I had visited the shop I drove down from Stoney with my son . I wanted a bit of touchy feelie of the gear that I have been seeing in the mags and reading about on the forum , I spent a few bob and am happy with my purchases and what I saved covered my fuel and I left with £18 of freebies so for me I found then freindly and helpful ,
I would agree 100%. I wrongley ordered somthing, and refund done as soon as the goods got to them.:clap3:
They are certainly very competively priced:clap3:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when l was in the shop they were great couldnt fault them but the lad on the phone was a total well you know what but he sounded a young ish lad and the folk in the shop seem to be elder folk but never mind we all live and learn.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
for a christmas present my mother phoned them up and asked how much a reel was she was told a price then ordered it the invoice was higher than quoted as she wasnt quoted with vat i told them what i thought about them then

never ever again will i deal with that shop

·
Registered
728 Posts
I was looking at their web site earlier ... I can just about see how they get away with quoting ex-VAT prices on the Internet, who knows where the customer may live? But I was also under the (maybe incorrect) impression that it is not legal to quote an ex-VAT price to a consumer in the UK. That is only permissible provided that the customer is, or may reasonably be expected to be, a VAT-registered trader.

G

·
I was looking at their web site earlier ... I can just about see how they get away with quoting ex-VAT prices on the Internet, who knows where the customer may live? But I was also under the (maybe incorrect) impression that it is not legal to quote an ex-VAT price to a consumer in the UK. That is only permissible provided that the customer is, or may reasonably be expected to be, a VAT-registered trader.
I don't know about generally, but I know of specific circumstances where that does not apply. A disabled person buying an item specifically to deal with his/her own impairment is not liable to pay VAT on that item. Catalogues aimed at disabled customers thus quote ex VAT prices.

·
Registered
728 Posts
We may be getting off topic here, but an ex-VAT catalog aimed at customers who are not liable to pay VAT on the goods in question is all well and good. But an ex_VAT price quoted to a member of the public who undoubtedly is liable to pay the VAT seems very dubious to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts