World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps, just booked a holiday cottage up in glenelg, last week in june.
Has anyone ever had any fishing experience or local knowledge of the area.?
i will be taking some light sea/game fishing gear with me,maybe even jump on a boat.
Any info greatly appreciated.
Due to swap in shifts im working this weekend,but have planned a day out on thursday.
I will be at my usual haunts,culross/longannet....low tide i guess is about 10.30
tight lines
aldo

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ahh, my favourite haunt (actually my only haunt). Just after low tide is good although standing on the wall amongst the seaweed can be pretty hairy. Nearly wiped out a couple of times! :rolleyes:

tight lines aldo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blenny said:
Ahh, my favourite haunt (actually my only haunt). Just after low tide is good although standing on the wall amongst the seaweed can be pretty hairy. Nearly wiped out a couple of times! :rolleyes:

tight lines aldo
ill be there today after 11.00ish, gonna dig some bait then head round the corner.
maybe try off the old pier at culross after that.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are visiting the Morvich (Shiel Bridge) caravan site in September. What shore marks will be worth fishing from Kyle round to Glenelg at this time. Some 25 years ago I fished from near the Glenelg slipway in July and caught a number of codling where should l go in September?

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
some brilliant marks round there guys. forget cod. but everything else is around there in abundance.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i have a few marks around there for thornbacks and conger if you fancy having a go pm me

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
:roll1:never noticed that:roll1:

baywatcher just head up to dornie and fish of the rocks with a toby and a line of shrimp quills youll get stacks of mackerel,pollack and coalies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:roll1:never noticed that:roll1:

baywatcher just head up to dornie and fish of the rocks with a toby and a line of shrimp quills youll get stacks of mackerel,pollack and coalies.
Hey Marty

'scuse my ignorance, but what is a shrimp quill?

aldo - loch Duich not far at all from Glenelg is good - plenty of pollack and mackies in summer.

The views from the top of the mam ratagan pass (spelling!) are awesome.

Have a great trip

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts