World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

I've come by a trace that I'm not really sure what to use for. It's basically like a set of feathers but with fairly long silvery green shiny strips/feathers and each one has a luminous head on the top, about an inch long. It looks almost too good to use for mackerel.

Would I get a bass on them at depth?

Any advice gratefully received!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Are they like the ones in the pictures below? If they are they are known as hokkais and can be used for cod, pollack, coalies, mackeral and other fish over wrecks, reefs, clean ground and can be fished with bait on them as well if fished static. You can get them in various sizes of hooks on the rigs from size 8 (mini hokkais from tronix) to size 6/0, there may be some with bigger hooks as well and the heads on the rigs come in various colours as well such as red, lumi, black, blue, pink to name some.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they do indeed, although a bit larger.

Thanks for the info...I'm looking forward to trying them over the weekend!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not! :(

I keep trying different places but had no luck yet. I've only had one and that was a fluke on a feather whilst spinning for mackerel!

Have you had any joy?

·
Registered
11 Posts
nope. Im trying my hardest on plugs.I had loads of follows at bouley bay but no takes so im gonna try a bass fly 10cm behind the plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts