World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone from the site is going to the go fishing show this weekend?

I got tickets for sunday!

stu

·
Polystyrene Mod!
4,844 Posts
not after last years farce

bout half a dozen sea angling interest bits and that was it

G

·
I was going due to work and asked on here last week, but I really can't be bothered with it so I think if the weather is good, I'll take Quest II out to see if I can find any fiskies.

That means I have two spare complimentary tickets to the first person that wants them (got a feeling they will be hard to give away).

They can be used on any day.

Tom

TICKETS NOW POSTED TO A FORUM MEMBER, THANS FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT ENQUIRED, BUT THEY ARE NOW GONE

G

·
:idea: We could use them instead of Infraction Points Tom for any troublemakers:blink: . That will make them think twice:)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im starting to think im doing the wrong thing by traveling all the way down to birmingham from newcastle on the early hours of sunday morning!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
im starting to think im doing the wrong thing by traveling all the way down to birmingham from newcastle on the early hours of sunday morning!
If you sea fish then you are :thumbdown

Alan

·
Banned
549 Posts
i wonder if it would be possible to put on a national sea fishing show?? get all the big companies, boat manufacturers, tourny casters, celebs etc etc etc and have our own show??

the wsf.com seafishing show!!!

im sure a man with plenty of time on his hands like mike thrussel could organise it :roll1: !!!

if nothing else it would show all these carp fisherman that we are not amused!!

tightlines lads

alan

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can honestly say that if you are a sea angler then you are better off spending your cash (travel, parking, food, beer, etc) on a fishing trip and avoiding the show. Every year more and more sea anglers are extremely disappointed with the show, and I'm sure you'll see that reflected in the posts on this forum after the show.
Having said that there will be some popular big names in sea angling at the show and if you want to go and meet them then it could be worth the trip. Just don't expect too much in the way of activities and tackle, just like other posters have said it is primarily aimed at freshwater fishing with carp and pole fishing dominating the event.

G

·
I know it sounds daft when you look at how busy WSF is, but us Sea Fishermen are really a minority amongst anglers.
It is soooooo frustrating as I cannot see any other part of angling as interesting and varied as my own boat fishing, but then I am even more of a minority for being into the floating branch of the sport.

Tom

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Have a look at the exhibitor list and see how many Sea fishing related there are??

http://www.gofishingshow.com/07exhibitlist.asp

Other than the few boat sellers, all i could find was

Abu Garcia( can`t buy from them though)
Breakaway Tackle
Calcutta UK
Fishtec
Icey Tek ( if you want a dear cool box)
Mustad ( don`t think they are selling direct )
NFSA
Tonys Tackle Shop

No Diawa, Shimano, ?? not that you could buy from them direct anyway!!
No Penn after last years joke, with Tonys Tackle throwing a couple of rods in the Penn stand so they could sell their tackle.:uhuh:

Did you know that exhibitors can only sell items made by companys that are displaying there :g: ???
So if Shimano don`t have a stand, then you won`t get any shimano gear being sold ect :g:
This is what i was told by a couple of stands last year anyway, don`t know if it has changed this year .

Alan

G

·
I have a feeling that this rule "may" have been relaxed as it was rather prohibitive to actually buying anything you wanted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts