World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Newton Porthcawl on my own boat COD FATHER on Sataday. God dam wind spoilt what could of been a good day. Had a few whiting, conger, dogs and a small eyed ray. Fished the flood up to high water , after "ralphing" dicided to call it a day before wind over tide made things worse on the ebb. Owned the COD FATHER sine the summer so any tips on any thing boat fishing related would be verry much appreciated. The COD FATHER is a 16.5ft faulkland fisher. Currently using a lazy line anchor system which I'm not to fused on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi cod father,
Was a member of porthcawl boat club for 17years up until last year,now have got my boat based in Swansea. I always used the bouy method on my last boat to retreive the anchor. You must make sure that you have more warp out than normal, or the boat will be over and into the rope before you can steam forward. I always used a lazy line attached with a sliding ring to the main anchor warp, as I steamed forward a little to the side of the the warp i pulled on the lazy line to bring the warp around to the stern then you have a better idea as to were the warp is making sure it's not near the prop. As the Cod start to show you won't go far wrong just inside the fairy bouy, between the breakwater of the harbour and the fairy bouy or just off newton point on the harbour side.

Good Fishing Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts