World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a complete disaster of a session at gravesend[crabs,weed,lost tackle,e.t.c]yesterday i decided to fish my local spot on the isle of grain. Having loads of bait leftover from my earlier session i invited my novice mate along to fish the evening tide. Beginers luck kicked in straight away when novice reeled in a 4.5lb bass[typical!].For the next three hours our strings were pulled by plenty of bass a couple of nice sized eels and a bonus flounder. Im glad we sat out the rain for the first hour. Well this just goes to show that after several trips all over the north kent coast the most enjoyable spot is right on my doorstep...........always the way innit?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi Pete,

Where abouts in Grain did you fish mate? I am probably going to give it a go this Sunday day, down by the fence along white hall beach. What bait/distance were you fishing?

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello mate good luck for sunday. we were just on the sea wall at the pill box [very handy to keep dry!] and were using local lug tipped with squid on size 1 hooks clipped down. 60 to 80 yards should be ample but edge your bets with two rods. one close in and whack out the other. you,ll get a few bites on the flood but I find that the bass get busy over the high water [about an hour] and darkness is also an advantage. let us know how you get on . If I can escape the wife and kids for an hour I,ll pop down with a couple of cold,uns.:drunk::drunk:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cheers buddy, will post on here how i get on, i know where you went but i will probably still go on the beach part by the fence. Though going by the Easterly wind and hot weather we're expecting it may not be that great! But I'm sure i will enjoy it none the less..... :fishing1:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah he was over the moon. I may have converted him from chucking maggots in a pond. SEA FISHING RULES DUDE!!!!!!.....[sorry I,m a bit of a saddo]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts