World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored and started nosing around looking for possible reasons behind the patchy fishing and found these working from the left.
Sea surface temps for 2009 sea surface temperatures 2008 last year in West and mid Wales by this time the sea was a lot warmer even with all the rain we had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The next 2 pics are the Chlorophyl in the water or Algae which your plankton feeds on. Again there is less than last year

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And last but not least these last two show the suspended matter plankton etc what your bait fish feed on. Again down on last year

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My opinion it has all been down to the wind that we have been getting. Have been able to get the boat out very few times this year so far.
Jet stream is in the wrong place and causing half the problems I believe.
We need a settled spell of weather and could see a delay in winter species arriving or if it stays the same we could see them arriving earlier.
Just looking at some of the catch reports the hounds seem to have stayed longer and the lack of makeral. I know we can blame our net tugging friends for a lot but the climate seems stacked against us in the Irish sea this year as well

·
Registered
601 Posts
good report mate,

thats scientific evidence alright

·
Registered
506 Posts
Fairplay mate, thats given me something to impress the old man with :nerd:

All sounds reasonable though, launched our boat 3 times in 2009, two of which were less than 3 hours and we didnt leave mumbles bay on one and oxwhich bay on the other!

roll on Sunday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts