World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Going light , learning new curves .

909 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DJL 
#1 ·

Catching fish on the small hook and downsizing . This week topic is about fishing lighter , having fun . Small fish will never bite on a big hook but Big fish will relish the thought of eating a smaller lure . This is Kayak Monday up the highlands of Scotland where nature is amongst nature , pure wilderness Bonnie Scotland . Catching fish is simple however you need to know where they live , what food do they like and what retrieve they prefer . I know the cod loves prawns , the uncooked raw frozen stuff and I know they live right close to the bottom feasting on crabs and little fish . Four kayaks on the water today , loch Etive riders . This location is so interesting , many species of fish and awesome scenery . Sabiki to start loaded with prawns and instant bite , little cod and poor cod . The rod is bouncing so close to the rock face in 50 ft deep , deeper than the north sea ! Bait fishing is fun , catches fish . I then set up the Light Rock 73 rod , 4lb fluorocarbon and a 4gr soft shad . Let the fun begin , I am here to have fun . This little orange shad is about to be destroyed , Big fish eat small lure , every fish wants to eat the little lure . And there is the pleasure to fight those monsters , every small fish on light tackle feels like a monster . Lrf is fun from start to finish , go light , have fun .

See less See more
1 7
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.