World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Slapton again tonight if anyone wants a lesson in how to catch a Cod from there:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
i eagerly await the next post......

what part you fishing ??

cheers shaun

·
Registered
210 Posts
howd u get on at slappers???

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah come on, i'm dying to know. Your report could force me out of hibernation (yes i am a fine weather fisherman, never used to be though)

·
Registered
241 Posts
How was it mate? I drove past on Sunday and it was flat calm, the calmest i've ever seen it. Looked great though, wish i'd fished there instead of the estuary now!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:schmoll: It was a disaster!!!
To start with, my mate gave me bait and petrol money, put it into the handle on the car door... promptly arrived at Slapton memorial car park, opened door and off went a tenner in the gale force offshore winds!! Had a look about but no sign of it... grrrr..... Geared up and ripped my thumb open on a hook which was blowing around in this wind...That's 2 nil to the wind.... wind forecast BTW was mod to fresh wsw.... It was at least gale force if not more!! Helped casting a great deal but made bite detection very difficult. And then the drizzle started... except it was horizontal at 50mph.... not nice.... gave it another 45 mins... reeled in a doggy each and decided we were beaten... 30 odd quid on bait and 2 doggies to show for it... still at least I got a whole load of peeler ready for my next trip! Looks like my luck has run out:schmoll:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Unlucky mate! There is always next time (thats what i keep telling myself anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts