World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to share this..

I was doing a bit of roving/stalking angling today, late afternoon.. weaving between bushes and trees trying to find a fish on this liake I know.. and to my shock.. I heard a friendly "Evening Matey, had any luck?"...

In the dimming light, only bushes and trees around me.. well, I nearly needed a change of underwear... !

To my suprise, the bush nearest to me was talking.. :eek:hnoes: See the first pic below..

OK did you see it? :confused: Have a look at the second pic... lightened alot...!

Yep, there he was in full Camo Gear, Wild Leaf tatty effect.. and even his rod was painted to look like a twig! :ph34r: The SAS fishing for Carp??

See pic 3...

All I can say is "Cheers Darren, you took 10yrs off my life tonight!" :lmao: but hope you had better luck than I did fishing... ;)

Tight lines all

Bodders

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
Just had to share this..

I was doing a bit of roving/stalking angling today, late afternoon.. weaving between bushes and trees trying to find a fish on this liake I know.. and to my shock.. I heard a friendly "Evening Matey, had any luck?"...

In the dimming light, only bushes and trees around me.. well, I nearly needed a change of underwear... !

To my suprise, the bush nearest to me was talking.. :eek:hnoes: See the first pic below..

OK did you see it? :confused: Have a look at the second pic... lightened alot...!

Yep, there he was in full Camo Gear, Wild Leaf tatty effect.. and even his rod was painted to look like a twig! :ph34r: The SAS fishing for Carp??

See pic 3...

All I can say is "Cheers Darren, you took 10yrs off my life tonight!" :lmao: but hope you had better luck than I did fishing... ;)

Tight lines all

Bodders
:fishing1: I didn't even go to that much trouble for a fox or deer and still bagged a few. :fishing1:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Going that far Shooting would be dangerous as other Shooters would not see each other,and people would get shot by mistake, the Canadian hunters have to wear hi-vis jackets when they go hunting Moose

·
Premium Member
25,363 Posts
Right that's it, I'm going to use natural camo and get stoned next time I go down the beach..... Oh hold on

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Only 10 yrs off your life Bodders! PMSL :roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:

Seriously though, the carpers out there are a strange lot as we know but is it really necessary to go to those lengths with cam?
If you ever watch John Wilson or Matt whatshisname on TV they are quite happy to wear bright clothing and it doesnt seem to affect their puddle fishing success rates.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Then again it might be a good idea sea fishing in cammo gear or using night vision goggles and black gortex suits at night, what with these MCZ's coming in the near future

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish I could have seen your face!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only 10 yrs off your life Bodders! PMSL :roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:

Seriously though, the carpers out there are a strange lot as we know but is it really necessary to go to those lengths with cam?
If you ever watch John Wilson or Matt whatshisname on TV they are quite happy to wear bright clothing and it doesnt seem to affect their puddle fishing success rates.
I can tell you he really made me jump.. I nearly fell in the lake.. heart going like a jack hammer for about 10 minutes after LoL.. ! He was completely hidden, and blended in to the folage completely... Talk about snipers gear... I had never seen anything like it when in the Royal Marines!

Just wonder what would of happened (like meanstreak says) if a hunter/ poacher had taken a pot-shot at one of the Deer that is often seen around there, with him (in his camos) in directline of the shot??

I agree with midge590, and you never see Bob Nudd in anything other than his burguny "Drennan Fishing" livery and white cap.... You can see him from miles away... and hear him chuckling away;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish I could have seen your face!
I bet it was a picture.. :eek:

I pity his missus having to scrub the gusset in his skiddies
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :busted_co :lmao::lmao::lmao: You should of seen her face :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Looks like that creature from the movie Predator.lol
Yep.. too true.. I think I might of walked passed him twice before without even knowing he was there.. ! Bloody glad he wasn't an Alien Predator ;)

·
Registered
15,412 Posts
Its a good job for him that you didnt suddenly need a leak, and used him for a peeing post.
That would probably have been funnier still. :ph34r:

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its a good job for him that you didnt suddenly need a leak, and used him for a peeing post.
That would probably have been funnier still. :ph34r:

Dave
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Or wanting a dump, and used the bush to wipe his ar**
Ewwwwwwwww! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

dont make eye contact with your prey and most of the time they wont see you!
bri.
Is that before or during when I take a dump or a whizz on them :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Sorry, im missing something.

He's in a gillie suit, damm good idea for stalking.

Works fine for me.

As for hunters being shot, just make sure you are on private land that only you shoot on.

In the unlikely event of being shot, at least you or you next of kin has the comfort of knowing the person who shot you will be done for armed tresspass!!

Oh, also, that gillie suit sticks out like a sore thumb! A better match to the surroundings is required!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
"Oh, also, that gillie suit sticks out like a sore thumb! A better match to the surroundings is required!"

Then you`re not missing something!

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
"Oh, also, that gillie suit sticks out like a sore thumb! A better match to the surroundings is required!"

Then you`re not missing something!
Whats worse, im hopelessly colourblind and it really stuck out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts