World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm heading south for a few days (mid July) and wondered if Lyme Regis has any good marks or is it all boat fishing there? Could make it to Ringstead or possibly Chesil but will only be down for a days fishing. Any thoughts about Lyme Regis would be appreciated.

Blenny

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey blenny

i grew up around Lyme surfing the cobb and 2nd point, pre my fishing career, however i have spun from the beach (under the arcade) and from the smaller harbour wall (with canons) with success with Mackerel and thats about it - most of the boats that go out are day tripper/ tourist orientated and just offer feathers for macks - but i reckon there could be a bass boat in the harbour by now.

good luck

homer

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Homer

I might try for some mackerel when i'm down there as they would make a tasty snack done on a disposable bbq on the beach! Used to go to Lyme every year for my holidays (some years ago now) and love the place. Got pics of my two brother and I standing proudly holding up the mackerel we caught from the 1 hour trip 'round the bay'.

Fond memories –*will be there 17th - 19th July. Expecting good weather and some decent mackkie bashing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts