World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im off to spain on saturday, so thought i'd take my small rod and reel. i'm going to be in southern spain, cabo de gata.

what should i take, is it similar to fishing here?
will there be mackrell there?

ive got a list of fish that are cought there from a website
grouper
rays
sea bream
forkbeard
meagre

whats should i take for the best results, obviously dont want to be taking huge amounts of gear.

C

·
0 Posts
I'm certainly no expert on fishing in spain but all I have ever had from the rocks were small breamy type fish and a small octopus. I dont know about mackerel, I have never seen them but it may be worth a post in the international forum for someone more local to give you some answers.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
dont forget you need a permit to fish in the sea in spain..

·
Registered
274 Posts
im off to spain on saturday, so thought i'd take my small rod and reel. i'm going to be in southern spain, cabo de gata.

what should i take, is it similar to fishing here?
will there be mackrell there?

ive got a list of fish that are cought there from a website
grouper
rays
sea bream
forkbeard
meagre

whats should i take for the best results, obviously dont want to be taking huge amounts of gear.

Just take a light spinning outfit for small plugs/spinners and a short wire trace and a telescopic Rod thatll handle large floats and light ledgering.You can get a half decent one out there for around 30 quid.

Around harbours/Sea Walls will be chocca with Mullet and Bream.Use squid,bread paste and strips of Mackerel Belly

·
Registered
45 Posts
when i have been there in the past the mullet have been shy to your hookbait even though they are mostly in big shoals. I found it the most productive way to catch them was to make a trick knot about 6inches from the hook,put a piece of cob bread in the knot then pull it tight to hold the bread firmly. Use breadflake out of the cob for the hook, the mullet then think the flake is falling from the cob so they take the flake first there is no need to use float or a lead fishing this way because they nearly take the rod out of your hands :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Banned
549 Posts
to get a licence go to the bank!! no joke my mate has a spanish fishing license and they are only a few quid but you need to ask in the local bank to get one!!

tightlines
alan

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
when i have been there in the past the mullet have been shy to your hookbait even though they are mostly in big shoals. I found it the most productive way to catch them was to make a trick knot about 6inches from the hook,put a piece of cob bread in the knot then pull it tight to hold the bread firmly. Use breadflake out of the cob for the hook, the mullet then think the flake is falling from the cob so they take the flake first there is no need to use float or a lead fishing this way because they nearly take the rod out of your hands :idea: :idea: :idea:
love it mate! thinking out the box you arr!(said in YODA accent)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts