World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have managed to bag an early finish from work tomorrow.:clap2::clap2:

so armed with a few spare hours i fancy giving gold cliff a bash over low. anyone been down there recently or heard of anything happening:g::g::g:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i went to redwick sunday day at high tide but didn't catch a thing. who knows maybe you get better luck at low tide in goldcliff.

good luck

·
Registered
583 Posts
apparently goldcliffe on low has been throwing some good conga and ray and a guy had a 7 1/2 lb bass on high water on monday night

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
i have managed to bag an early finish from work tomorrow.:clap2::clap2:

so armed with a few spare hours i fancy giving gold cliff a bash over low. anyone been down there recently or heard of anything happening:g::g::g:
you fishing the mal then ,good luck may have a sole mate

always windy down there lol ,tides a bit big for low water ,be coming in fast 12+m

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah tide will rip in although i have found it to fish better on a slightly bigger tide. did look at the book last night and though it was smaller than that, mind you had a few strongbows in my belly so..................

i'll give it a bash though anyway as i haven't had a blast off the shore for ages (been out on the boat a lot recently) and only got a window for a local mark. see what happens!!!

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
yeah tide will rip in although i have found it to fish better on a slightly bigger tide. did look at the book last night and though it was smaller than that, mind you had a few strongbows in my belly so..................

i'll give it a bash though anyway as i haven't had a blast off the shore for ages (been out on the boat a lot recently) and only got a window for a local mark. see what happens!!!
and me lol its 11.1m for tomorrow mate

and 10.9m wed which is a good tide for farmfields chasing sole

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers fella, I have never fished farm fields and a bit wary of the peat ledges on my own.

·
Registered
578 Posts
cheers fella, I have never fished farm fields and a bit wary of the peat ledges on my own.
Very sensible mate, as a 10.9 would have pushed you back from the edge of the ledge, it breaks the ledge on a 10.1, lower with a gust, if and when you fancy it mate give us a shout :thumbs:

·
Registered
583 Posts
me and the father in law will be fishing goldcliffe tonight now sea you there

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
me and the father in law will be fishing goldcliffe tonight now sea you there
hope you boys are having a good night ,you must be keen lol its ****ing down ,

farmfields is ok safe enough not like redwick /magor ledges

as long as there no inshore wind 10.9m will be fine but you just move back if it brakes over ,depends if your fishing the ledges tho as the further left you go there aint no ledges just standing in mud !!!! too much rain for there tho all this fresh water weed grass , no good one bit ,,

anything around 10.5m newport scale is good for farmfields

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got to Newport in the car and was about to go to get bait and got stuck in traffic and the heavens opened and i thought f**k it, so i wen to the pub lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
good choice m8 i got absolutly soaked lol and me and the father in law had a silver each but 2 guys who were ther 1st fished the point and the 1 had a small codling a strap and a thornback of about 5lb i packed up on my 3rd crackoff lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds as though it was hard work, gutted i missed out but the cold ones washed all remorse away lol. good on you both for braving it and beating the blank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts