World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sole Man!
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A last minute change of venue saw Mole & i head for goldcliff.
We arrived at 4pm high tide was 5;30.

As we pulled up I saw a young couple in the car just leaving, they must of been late teens early twenties, she was an attractive girl but had already lived a life if you know what I mean.
Anyhow we climbed up the sea wall to much excitement, we thought the fisherman might explode when he said 'you should have been here 10 minutes ago!!!!'

Apparently the young couple had walked onto the sea wall whereupon she lifted her sweater dress to reveal she was wearing no underwear whilst her boyfriend took pics, she then displayed a variety of poses all in full view of the fishing guys.
I thought I might have to call an ambulance for a possible cardiac arrest!

anyway we fished, i had one tiny rattle probably off a pin whiting or green eel. My main rod 'the Wasp' is back at Aspinalls having rings replaced so i had my veals travel beachcaster with me.
Last cast I put on 10 lug & cast out.
The rod tip started nodding & nodding, i STRUCK, FISH ON ,TURNED THE REEL TWICE & THE LINE JUST FELL AWAY JUST LIKE LAST WEEK.!!!!
So maybe my other rod needs replacing or there's something out in the mud slicing through my line. felt a good fish though & with the nodding & the lug I'd like to romantically suggest mr Cod was a calling!!

We got caught in one hell of a storm, just before 7 & packed up when we ran out of water.
No fish, two bites but a great night.

·
Sole Man!
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the rod that did it last week went back to have rings replaced & we checked the reel & that was fine.
This was a different rod & reel.
I'll get them checked as well.
bloody annoying though.
brolly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.