World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sole Man!
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a mad round the clock week workwise so I needed some sea, Everyone was busy so a solo trip it was.
Got my fantastic wife Claire to drop me at Clives to pick up bait & then head down to Goldcliff.
Fished from 1;30 till 8pm.

It was bloody freezing down there with the wind blasting so I used a washed up palette to create a makeshift shelter a la Ray Mears, I did consider a bit of whittling but that's a step too far.

I fished two rods both with up & over rigs one with lug & one with rag both big baits.
First cast with the lug rod & a cracking bite & in came my opener for the season, weighing in at 2LB 13oz.

Half an hour later on the same rod another cracking bite but the fish had hit between the pennel hooks so no pickup there.

There the story ends, no more bites, nothing.
There was a chap fishing about 3-400 yards away from me & he had about 6 tiny pin whiting I didn't see any.

Look out mr cod, i'm back!!!!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
nice one on the cod . and love the shelter

steve

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
It's been a mad round the clock week workwise so I needed some sea, Everyone was busy so a solo trip it was.
Got my fantastic wife Claire to drop me at Clives to pick up bait & then head down to Goldcliff.
Fished from 1;30 till 8pm.

It was bloody freezing down there with the wind blasting so I used a washed up palette to create a makeshift shelter a la Ray Mears, I did consider a bit of whittling but that's a step too far.

I fished two rods both with up & over rigs one with lug & one with rag both big baits.
First cast with the lug rod & a cracking bite & in came my opener for the season, weighing in at 2LB 13oz.

Half an hour later on the same rod another cracking bite but the fish had hit between the pennel hooks so no pickup there.

There the story ends, no more bites, nothing.
There was a chap fishing about 3-400 yards away from me & he had about 6 tiny pin whiting I didn't see any.

Look out mr cod, i'm back!!!!!!!

Welldone couldnt see you in that hide away. Looks bloody freezing... Cracking Cod. Keep em coming.....!!!!!!!

Loves it Bob.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Brolly,
I always lookout for your reports as they are full of just the right info needed for the imagination to take over. I have copied your sessions from last year with good results (aust,tenby,ect).

other posters need to follow your thread structure :thumbs:

if the cod are at goldcliff then i guess Redwick Eng side would be working?

heading down to chesil this afternoon for an overnighter as there seams to be a stable supply down there now

really like the shelter, is it waterproof !:clap2:!!

Best
Danger mouse

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well done brolly
I fished it the other day from low to high lighthouse/mall side .
6 hrs- not a touch on blacks,
As we all say you're not going to catch nothing watching eastenders ,

I'm back out next Saturday fishing redwick and ill be using my shelter with a stove for hot coffee to tap ,
Makes a difference with a biting cold wind mate ,
Well done on the coddie just shows they out there .

·
Sole Man!
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think this season will fall to the brave, expect long biteless sessions until they pass through, i've been hearing of very experienced anglers getting one bite in a 6 hour sesh but that one bite producing cod up to 14LB.

re; Chesil i've heard that up over rigs loaded with fresh blacks & peeler are doing the business.
I've never fished there but a trip is on the cards mid november with mr Spiller, don't think i'll take the pallet though!
Mole has promised to come so long as I take my igloo so that he can have a sleep!!!
brolly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.