World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anybody fished goldcliff latley? if so let me know please clive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
used to fish this venue quite a lot with varying degrees of succes. gave up after last winter as had the worst season in a long time. do not fish this venue at all now. i find the fishing better just down the road at the lighthouse(st brides).
although i have heard goldcliff can be a good low water mark???
the bonus with the lighthouse is if u get there early you can grab a quick pint and a warm by the log fire in the pub.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi and tnks... fandangowidewheels is that a mouthfull or wot lol
just wanting to no if any cod have arrived in numbers yet m8 i know the venue very well and yes sometimes low is better i find six hrs to high is good and vicy versa. only one way to find out is try it in it lol. cheers clive

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Watched Time Team tonite and they were at Goldcliff. It seems that they found and excavated footprints from the mesolithic period. Don't know what state the tide was then but I bet that when they look more carefully they'll find the unmistakable prints of Anglers' wellies! Could hazard a guess as to who it could be .... who's put more responses on this site and lives not far away .....?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Lendusaworm,
how is it that you were born in 1951 & rate your employment as "retired"? I was born in 1940 & I dont retire until Xmas 2005? Woe, woe, & thrice woe, how do I get a job like yours?
blueskip

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi blueskip
had a very good job. thank you for asking and a very good pension with an early retirment option and bonus and as you can see i accepted. i wish you all the best in your retirement blueskip you working till 65 an all...cough.
clive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts