World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Blimey don’t tell me the codling are arriving, though it shouldn’t be a shock as the whole season seems to be late this year or I should say last year

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be thay been feeding out to see in deep water on baitfish and now tgay bit thin on the ground soo thay coming in on the crab ,his belly was rammed

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Blimey don’t tell me the codling are arriving, though it shouldn’t be a shock as the whole season seems to be late this year or I should say last year
your right they aint arriving they are making their way back out of the estuary from where they been wintering past the seven bridges, cple o weeks and swansea way will start seeing them, Its only my opinion but im right :cool:

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Few I had last week were full of hard backs too
Yea crab were giving some anglers stick behind birds last week, Hopefully they will start coming back, cod and bass love em, Yea your going to lose bait, But fish might beat the crabs to your bait.

·
Premium Member
9,854 Posts
your right they aint arriving they are making their way back out of the estuary from where they been wintering past the seven bridges, cple o weeks and swansea way will start seeing them, Its only my opinion but im right :cool:
Your right right in one respect they are returning from the top end of the Channel. Where they will probably have spawned. Hence all the "yearling codlets" that get caught this time of year. They are just starting to eat worms after feeding on micro organisms.
When people say they are just arriving they are also correct as it's now that they reach the Welsh side of the channel and work thier way back downstream and out of the channel.
In autumn the main bulk of fish enter the channel and swim upstream along the deeper water on the English side.
Naturally some drift across to the Welsh side which are the early fish the boats tend to catch.
As well as October fish at Redwick and Magor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts