World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a day off yesterday so went to goldcliff for a few hours, had some awsome bites and 1st one, omg first conger, didnt even know how to pick it up. lol. around 5 lb. then a few mins later, line started drifting, reeled in slack, and started to drift again, so reeled in and struck, omg, a monster on, yes, another conger, but this one was huge, got it in, and it snapped line at the bottom of the rocks, must have been at least 15 lb. i would say bigger. the 1 more smaller one to finish. best session in ages, and i had a monster that got away, still counting it though lol. cant wait to get out again!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
well done on the conga fella. what time was you there?? you mentioned you snapped off on the rocks, just curious as i have always fished goldcliff over low water (on the neaps) either out on the point or on the marle. i have found it to fish better on the flood about an hour after the turn.

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
had a day off yesterday so went to goldcliff for a few hours, had some awsome bites and 1st one, omg first conger, didnt even know how to pick it up. lol. around 5 lb. then a few mins later, line started drifting, reeled in slack, and started to drift again, so reeled in and struck, omg, a monster on, yes, another conger, but this one was huge, got it in, and it snapped line at the bottom of the rocks, must have been at least 15 lb. i would say bigger. the 1 more smaller one to finish. best session in ages, and i had a monster that got away, still counting it though lol. cant wait to get out again!!!
what part was you fishing mate lw or hw ,well done on the session

must of had scales on its back did it 15lb+

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fished best on rise. most knocks then. enjoyed it though. going tonight actually i enjoyed it so much. lol. didnt get close enough to see fish that good cause it snapped off. but was really big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts