World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last min decision to go fishing weather was looking good so myself my father in law and a mate from work went to goldcliffe on low water got there at 17:45 and walked to the point.
set up both rods one with a 2/0 hook pully baited with rag tipped with squid and the other with 4/0 pully and a whole squid.
had 1 nice bite on the squid but nothing come of it , about 1/2 hour later dead on low water had a slack line bite and had a nice 5lb 9oz thorny on rag/squid.
went really quiet for an hour, while pouring a coffee and having a biscuit i saw my rod (rag/squid) bend and my line moving to the right struck into it, got it to the surface bout 10 feet away another thorny double the size of my first ray and then he spat the hook out gutted!!!!:bye2:.
looked at the hook after and it had been mangled, notsure if the 1st ray could of done it. (1st ray grinding the hook while i was trying to release him) should of checked next time i will.
so i only had the one fish my mate had a very small eel and my father in law blanked again.

Attachments

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Well done on the thornie butt, unlucky on the lost 1 :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts