World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from sess at Climping with the Sussex Scu, We both fished two rods, hoping on early stingers! Schu said " could be ...t today " I didn;t care just nice to be out.

We had some nice smallish kings, a few old reds and a bit of fillet, set up past last groyne west of car park, about 10.30 am, nothing for an hour and a bit then jammy nuts Schu bagged a mullet, on the reds, he then had another,

I wanted one bad as only ever caught a mullet on feathers! then bang i was in
Yes man! nice fish 1lb12oz, the fish were jumping on the hook for a good hour, and jumping off again, I learnt a lesson in catching mullet today, let them do what they want, don't try to bully them home, In total i caught three mullet one schoolie, and lost three mullet, biggest mullet in picture.

The schu, caught four mullet three schoolies and one flounder..! he won the side bet, but I don't care as I am as happy as a pig in ...t will try again friday..

Attachments

· Registered
5,565 Posts
Have to admit thats the earliest in the year i've ever caught Golden Grey Mullet. When they were feeding they were almost on the bait as soon as it hit the bottom. Give a good little fight and dont stop shaking their heads even when they were out of the water. Used one rod for mullet with two hooks - one with old reds and the other with small kings. The other rod was out for a chance of a stinger.

Mullet were there an hour either side of high tide then disappeared. All fish were returned.

This was a flounder and mullet double shot - the bait was in the water for about 2 minutes !

Attachments

· Registered
4,988 Posts
Hang on a mo, One Up and DSD! If they're Goldies they're neither thick lips nor thin lips.

I sense an impromptu day off on Friday. Absolutely have to work tomorrow but mullet fever is upon me and I cannot possibly last out until the weekend.

· Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hang on a mo, One Up and DSD! If they're Goldies they're neither thick lips nor thin lips.

I sense an impromptu day off on Friday. Absolutely have to work tomorrow but mullet fever is upon me and I cannot possibly last out until the weekend.
I stand corrected,:notworthy top lip was alot thicker than bottom m8 I don't know much about them, I shall read up on the subject!! Felt lovely on the hook though, I'm thinking friday with some fresh reds.

· Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by 'reds' is it red ragworm?
I have to say I'm green with envy. I was on the beach at Ferring and blanked, again!
I will try somewhere else tomorrow. I did see my first swallows of the summer, though.

Excellent result!

· Registered
12,592 Posts
Goldies already? Never known of them in numbers this early, especially from the beach. Well done lads - I am green with envy. If I had some reds in the fridge I'd be throwing a sickie tomorrow....
Shame on you. All our money funding your employment and all. To be honest mate, I reckon its worth resigning for.....
Just read the thread on Worthing beach. You any worse at bass fishing than you are at garfishing Mr Schu? And who knows the date of the next one? Totally lost the schedule... (and the plot :crazy: )

· Registered
5,565 Posts
Shame on you. All our money funding your employment and all. To be honest mate, I reckon its worth resigning for.....
Just read the thread on Worthing beach. You any worse at bass fishing than you are at garfishing Mr Schu? And who knows the date of the next one? Totally lost the schedule... (and the plot :crazy: )
Next Worthing match is the 26th April (next thursday).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.