World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been fishing the last year or 2 with a guy whos now a close friend goes by name of nurburg 2006 on hear. Hes been learning as he goes using fishing to get out, keep busy enjoying himself . 2 years odd in he can tie his own rigs he,makes leads ,pumps worm, drives more miles than me to fish all over. His catch rate has improved and now can even turn me over ....a few times in last few weeks ......
last night I was smashing him on number of fish , but to me pest fish .little bass every cast the odd ting ,eel . I Mentioned to him if I wasnt after a sole id defo have whole squid out 4 a big bass, so he changed up . He found some 3 day defrosted squid in his bait bag and used that. It was awful even after catching a chuck of a bass it turned my guts. I had frozen sam coles dirrty squid I asway take fresh frozen,but he thought to try something different. I never use old rank defrosted or refroze let alone left to really rot and hum.
received_422275875397018.jpeg
around 5 lb his new pb and dinner . Always use fresh bait they say ..... well done again chris worth the hundreds of hours you've put in . Not been posting of late as just to busy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Terry always a pleasure to fish along side you and to pick up a few hints and tips along the way. It’s the 2nd time I’ve had my pb fish with you 1st was the sole of 41/42cm And now the bass. Looking forward to our next outing Wherever it might be. I will be hitting the south coast next week and trying the inflatable out too.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Well done Chris. You back at Seaford next week? Do you know if its producing much?

Terry, I'm well surprised you don't re freeze squid, it's like a fine Stilton cheese, as it matures with age boi. :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I re-freeze many different baits, even bluey, and catch well on it. Personally I think that older bait can be a big attraction especially after or during a good onshore blow. When re-freezing I always vac-pac to stop any further deterioration or freezer burn. We once had a guy fishing club matches with squid that was a shocking pink colour but he used to catch well on it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I re-freeze many different baits, even bluey, and catch well on it. Personally I think that older bait can be a big attraction especially after or during a good onshore blow. When re-freezing I always vac-pac to stop any further deterioration or freezer burn. We once had a guy fishing club matches with squid that was a shocking pink colour but he used to catch well on it.
Read lots of others do too this was not just refroze was rank left in a bag with week old rotting rag .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well done Chris. You back at Seaford next week? Do you know if its producing much?

Terry, I'm well surprised you don't re freeze squid, it's like a fine Stilton cheese, as it matures with age boi. :)
Hi Mate yes I will be giving it a go yet again there not heard Or seen any reports From there. I will put a post on here after. Need to pump some worms first

1 - 7 of 7 Posts