World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow worm dippers. Three outings fishing again to report.;)

Friday 5th October.
Set off at 11:30am after work. Arrived at my chosen venue 1:00pm set up with a Clipped Down Paternoster Rig baited with Mackerel on one rod & a Pulley Rig baited with Ragworm on the other. Also set up the Boat rod to see if any Conger about. Started off with two Lesser Spotted Dogfish on the Fillet on the Boat rod, then two more Lsd's on Ragworm & another two on the Mackerel Strip on the distance rod. Next up was a good sized Pouting on the Mackerel Strip followed by another doggie to finish the session. Doggies galore today.:whistling: Packed up 6:30pm.

Saturday 6th October
Decided on one of my regular spots on the Saturday. Arrived around 11:00am. Set up & baited as yesterday. Started off with doggies as usual, had about 4 or 5 on mackerel before I took a Pollack & a Corkwing Wrasse on the Ragworm.:thumbsup: Then had a nice Ballan Wrasse of 1½lb on the Ragworm. The doggies returned:( had another 3 on the Mackerel then 3 more Ballan Wrasse betweeen ¾lb & 1lb on the Rag. Finished of the session with another Pollack.:thumbsup:

Sunday 7th October
The weather wasn't to be kind today with strong winds & driving rain. I set off anyway as I had a little shingle cove in mind that would shelter me from the worst of the wind.;););) Arrived around 10:45am, but sat in the car & waited for the rain to ease. After half an hour I said to hell with it, i'm getting' the gear on. While doing this the rain stopped (Happy Days). After a five minute walk I arrived at the little pebbled cove. Set up & baited the two Beachcasters as the previous two sessions.:thumbsup: Was well pleased with this sheltered spot as I was out of the wind which by now was really howling. :eek::eek: Sent the baits on their way & settled down with a cuppa from the flask. Shortly after finishing my tea I had an offer on the Ragworm that I hadn't seen as I was rebaiting the other rod. It was the noise of the rod getting dragged across the shingle that made me look round, luckily the rod stopped just at the waters edge long enough for me to make a grab at it.:eek::eek::eek::eek: This turned out to be a Ballan Wrasse of just over 2lb. Good start.:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sent the baits on their way again. Had two doggies next, one on the Rag & one on the Mackerel. Finished off this session with another Ballan Wrasse of around 1lb on the Rag.:smile2:

Called it quits around 3:30pm.
A weekend of mostly Dogfish, but I care not a jot. I just enjoy gettin' out.:happydance:
Ron.:cool2:

P1060111 - Copy.JPG

Lesser Spotted Dogfish

P1060112 - Copy.JPG

Pouting

P1060115 - Copy.JPG

Pollack

P1060117 - Copy.JPG

Corkwing Wrasse

P1060118 - Copy.JPG

Ballan Wrasse

P1060122 - Copy.JPG

Ballan Wrasse 1 (Sunday)

P1060123 - Copy.JPG

Lesser Spotted Dogfish (Sunday)

P1060124 - Copy.JPG

Ballan Wrasse 2 (Sunday)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Another 3 trips with no blanks. Lucky the rod didn't go for a swim

Reactions: Rockinron51261

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Great to see a few Wrasse returning in your catch reports Ron:cool2:
another three day stint, and another fine haul 0 fish, what can i say that has not been said before Ron :) great fishing.

Keep er lit :wink:

Mark...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
D
I was one of them soldiers Irish Dane.I didn't upload a post because I never catch on that strand lol.

Your not the only one mate

1 - 13 of 13 Posts