World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a beautiful afternoon yesterday so decided to try a mark near St. Abbs not had much luck there before but it’s on my list to try at least once a season. Well this time luck was on my side 5 codling for 7casts 3x4lb n 2x2.5lb all on the ebb fished an hour of the flood for nothin. Having fished 3 different areas the previous weekend for 2 undersize codling I was surprised to say the least. I was bait fishing this time not spinning and as usual cart was the bait not the winter coral cart just the meat from male crab. The bird flu is very evident here now seen 7 dead gannets and several sick ones and there are plenty on the beaches around Eyemouth not nice to see..Got the first mackerel out on the boat this morning up stabbs head so they are coming!!!!
tight lines kevin
Wood Polyporales Organism Trunk Natural landscape
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Nature
Cloud Water Sky Azure Natural landscape

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well done Kevin 👍 some right nice cod there mate 🎣 I was down yer neck a the woods last weekend and managed a few 😁 I'll stick a wee report up later on 👍

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cracking session there for you Kevin nice red fish
Bert(old yin)
Cheers Bert they were real tangle codling the picture was taken about 2hrs after the last fish was caught and the colour has faded. Doesn’t do them justice to when they were first caught

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks reg did you fish this area in the past
id class Berwick our 2nd home.
had a static caravan,aswell as a tourer c/v,up there for over 30yrs {sadly no more}.
used to dig worms @ i me worms {them ones}lol
ALSO supplied the local tackle shop {before} it closed about 3-4years ago,with ALL there leads,must of dealt with them over 25years,when it was called Fair Game,rob @ margeret rang it for years,the louisce,had it for possibly 5-6years.
now its some sort of computer-games shop.
SAD.
Our tourer stopped in storage in Foulden,so was only 4-5 miles away from Eyemouth,cutting in threw land via the Castle {forgot} its name,lol.then just onto slip road for Eyemouth,or it was a 5mile drive through Foulden,then its Morrisons 1/2 mile up the road.
JUST LOVE THE AREA.,I CAN EVEN REMEMBER,40YRS AGO STOPPING IN A TENT AT COLDINGHAM,NEAR FRENCHS GARAGE,O NEARLY FORGOT WE STAYED THERE FOR OUR {HONEY MOON}@ LOCALS PAIDED FOR OUR DRINKS ALL NIGHT.
STILL MARRIED TO THE SAME WIFE.
MEMORIES GOT THOUSANDS ABOUT THE AREA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well it was a beautiful afternoon yesterday so decided to try a mark near St. Abbs not had much luck there before but it’s on my list to try at least once a season. Well this time luck was on my side 5 codling for 7casts 3x4lb n 2x2.5lb all on the ebb fished an hour of the flood for nothin. Having fished 3 different areas the previous weekend for 2 undersize codling I was surprised to say the least. I was bait fishing this time not spinning and as usual cart was the bait not the winter coral cart just the meat from male crab. The bird flu is very evident here now seen 7 dead gannets and several sick ones and there are plenty on the beaches around Eyemouth not nice to see..Got the first mackerel out on the boat this morning up stabbs head so they are coming!!!!
tight lines kevin View attachment 1389481 View attachment 1389483 View attachment 1389485
Well done bud nice fish you got there 👍

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id class Berwick our 2nd home.
had a static caravan,aswell as a tourer c/v,up there for over 30yrs {sadly no more}.
used to dig worms @ i me worms {them ones}lol
ALSO supplied the local tackle shop {before} it closed about 3-4years ago,with ALL there leads,must of dealt with them over 25years,when it was called Fair Game,rob @ margeret rang it for years,the louisce,had it for possibly 5-6years.
now its some sort of computer-games shop.
SAD.
Our tourer stopped in storage in Foulden,so was only 4-5 miles away from Eyemouth,cutting in threw land via the Castle {forgot} its name,lol.then just onto slip road for Eyemouth,or it was a 5mile drive through Foulden,then its Morrisons 1/2 mile up the road.
JUST LOVE THE AREA.,I CAN EVEN REMEMBER,40YRS AGO STOPPING IN A TENT AT COLDINGHAM,NEAR FRENCHS GARAGE,O NEARLY FORGOT WE STAYED THERE FOR OUR {HONEY MOON}@ LOCALS PAIDED FOR OUR DRINKS ALL NIGHT.
STILL MARRIED TO THE SAME WIFE.
MEMORIES GOT THOUSANDS ABOUT THE AREA.
Yes you’ll know the area well then Reg French’s garage is still there owned by the same family as well as I know as for the castle think that will be Ayton castle. Remember the shop in Berwick the internet has done for the small retailers,must admit I’m guilty myself a lot easier shopping from your armchair as for Coldingham had many a good night there in the past
cheers Kevin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES, thats the Castle,anyway thanks for reply Kevin.
Could possibly link up for a sesion over the summer months may be around the beadnel area.
Never fished that area but would be ok for that just message me when your thinking of going and will try and arrange a day out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts