World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Good And Bad Knap

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  localfisher 
#1 ·
Firstly Fished The Knap Yesterday 3 Up - No Bites At First, Then The Doggies Came, I Had 5 And My Mate Had 2 - Quite Good Fishing - Good Weather - Had Rag And Macky.

Second Of All -

Whoever Is Fishing Down The Knap And Catching Dogfish, Killing Them Or Leaving Them To Die Outside Of The Water - F**king Stop It

There Is No Need For Killing The Fish If You Have No Use For It

I Found About 7 Dead Dogfish Yesterday At The Knap

I Was Not Impressed

#2 ·
I would like to give the benefit of doubt to anglers and say that dogfish do have a tendancy to swim back towards the shore after being released.

We fished the Knap on Tuesday and found 3 dogfish at different stages of the night washed back on shore that we had probably caught and released. We did however make sure that they went back unharmed.

I hope this is the case for the fish that you found, as i agree that it would be totally unacceptable to kill any fish deliberately. :mad:

There is too little fish around our coast at present due to commercial fishing boats and we as anglers have a responsibility to ensure the fish stocks for future generations.

They may only be dogfish in the eyes of some anglers, but if the dogfish numbers disappear there will be a hell of a lot blank sessions in the future!

#5 ·
rmwhall said:
I would like to give the benefit of doubt to anglers and say that dogfish do have a tendancy to swim back towards the shore after being released.
I had the same problem with doggies down monknash the other night. I caught one and released it only for it to wash up on my foot about 10 mins later. frightened the life out of me in the dark.
It happened a few times with one doggie washing back up twice.

#7 ·
well one of them had a mangled nose, didnt look too good
another still had a hook in its mouth
as long as the fish are put back into the water alive by the catcher thats cool

if the dum beggars then wanna come back out of the water theres nothing we can do about that is there

anyway
put all fish back
thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.