World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i hooked into a little poor cod and that was all i had today on king ragworm. But the 2 guys next to me had a great day they lost something huge they recon,caught a little poor cod and they also had a 5lb on the dot codling with a bite mark either side of the tail. A guy wandered down loooking at the fish and said its the biggest he's ever seen from the slip and he's been fishing since he was 9.(think the guys are gonna put a photo of the fish up later). Also some other guys to the right of me had a bite that knocked there rod over and they had a 1 1/2 lb scool bass.

great day today and my first codling from penarth beach:thumbs:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here's a pic of the cod mate. Hope I've attached the pic correctly.
thats a nice cod , pic looks fine to me, the bite mark could of been a strap, have seen it before, well done mate

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If you can catch a 5lb cod from the slip and we spend over 15 hours fishing off a boat in the same area and catch naff all then yes that's a great catch well done. Defo think a wonga has had a nibble though, channel is full of them at mo . Unless its a great big doggy bite..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know I haven't been fishing long but I genuinely think there is a proper bad boy of a conger patrolling up and down Penarth beach at the mo. First cast hooked in to a stonker that either bit through or snapped my line (20lb). Then later on, hooked in to something seriously meaty!! whatever it was wouldn't come in. Must have fought with it for over ten minutes. I know it wasn't a snag as it was pulling away and I could feel it fighting through the rod. Gave it some slack and it would pull tight again in no time so confident I wasn't snagged. Anyway, after loads of effort and expecting something tidy, it finally broke free. GUTTED!! Anyway, like all good fishermen, finally got a tail of the monster that got away!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.