World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my mate joe went fishing down the sewer last night. Fished the tide up 5.30 - 11.30, armed with fresh black lug, rag, crab and macky!
Took till bout 8ish to get going, then i had with a small codling.
About half an hour later Joe had a cracking bite which resulted in a 4lb codling (well happy). The next three casts he had another codling of just over a pound (very manky looking sod) and a small whiting.
Bout an hour later i had a bass which was about 1 1/4lb, nice fight on him for the size and joe had a whiting just under a pound.
No tackle losses and only a few missed bites, the cod are there boys so get em while you can.
Great nights fishing / Cod supper / all the other fish went back safely.
JD

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well done lads! Where is the sewer? Probably should know this by now but I don't! Thanks for any directions,
Penn

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the sewer is between the whitwall in penarth and the ranny, there's a path down the cliff and old sewer outlet (entance penarth cliff tops).
Do a search on sewer think poacher has sent a good description of how to get there.
jd

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks JD,
I was at the Ranny last night myself, from about 11pm to 1 or 2 am, didnt get a tap but that's not odd for me! You weren't the lads with the fire??
Penn.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah saw them, we were further down again mate,
i've had more luck further down by the sewer area,
but i think our best asset yesterday was fresh black lug, awsome at this time of year, cocktailed with the rag we had plenty of cod bites.
whiting and bass were happy with macky and rag, casting about 100 yards normally.
But the bass was on a shorter 50 yard flick out, that's my second in as many fishing trips down there so think there's a fare few that have stayed all year round.
Although they all seem to be around the 1lb - 1 1/2lb mark, way to small for the pan. But big brother should be there somewhere!!
tight lines
jd

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well done jd, i hope to get to the sewer 2moro m8..the bigger bass r there, but the cod we want at the mo, cos they wont b round that long,,..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lo Poacher,
Did a search for your directions to the sewer, but couldn't find them. Could you tell me briefly how to get there from Penarth lifeboat station or so. Do I park on that hill or is there somewhere closer further up on top of the hill. Any help would be appreciated.
Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
right penn, go down lavernock road, all the way down till youpass westbourne road on your left, theres roadworks there at the mo, a pain in the butt, gi to the second turnin after westbourne rd, and turn left. it is the turning opposite the garage on lavernock rd..go up that rd pass the spar on your right. go over hump in road which is a bridge,, u can bear left at the end, or turn right, well turn right, follow road around a couple little bends till u come to the end of street,there is a left or right turn, well turn right and park outside a house there. and walk over to the green railings u c by the grass, u go down the cliff there, very muddy, but is ok. just walk to the railings where there is a sign post in the grass, not sure wot it says, prob no dogs, or no football or summit..go down and fish away, if u there 2moro i most prob b there, about 10 ish i think.. gotta ring lunker 2nite, best of luk m8.. keep some tabacco, heehee.........,,,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cheers Poacher that's exactly what I needed. Porbably go down there tonight, use the bait from last night. Have ordered Golden Virginia in bulk, one half ounce pack for each pocket in flotation suit, plus some shoved up inside rod, extra papers also, so should be okay! Thanks again m8.

Penn

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Lads,

There's definately plenty of action down there at the mo. Haven't fished there yet but waqs down there to check it out yesterday and a fella had a nice 5lber out..What tactics are the way forward???

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My tactics are:-
13ft beachcaster
Mag 525
Pulley rig (short snoods seem to work better)
lug and rag best for the cod (crabs will be peeling soon so may be worth a go)
But try some Macky aswell
100 yards seem to get you in the fish

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cheers JD, i'll give it a go!!!

What tides are too dangerous down there???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts