World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me about a good fishing rod the sells at a reasonable/cheapish price but can fill most of my fishing needs???

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
How much is cheapish.
Drennan series 7 carp waggler 11/13ft, good float rod but also good enough to double up as a heavy quiver. Cost about £69.99

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Hi Mate. It would be a great help if you can let us know where you normally fish/ What do you target/ And which methods do you use. If you can let us know then we can narrow the field down.

1,021 Posts
There are not many rods that serve multi purpose very well but heres a few ideas. A feeder rod will be capable of spinning with a light tip and a low test curve carp rod will serve as a pike rod, or ledger rod for rivers. Just bought a dean macey specimine tri tip made by kevin nash which is a barbel rod with 1 and a half and a 1 and three qarter test tips and a feeder tip with a 2 1/2, 3, +4oz glass tips and a 4oz carbon. The barbel tips are great but the feeder set up is a little heavier than a purpose feeder rod but the versatility is spot on so much so that i have sold my shimano feeder.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The john wilson avon quivertip has been around for over 20 years and is the best all round rod on the market. You can float fish using the avon top and 13 ft extension or use it at 11ft as a proper avon rod for light carp and specimen work. Or use the quiver top and use it at either 11ft as a light to medium feeder rod or put the extension on to 13ft and use it for heavy/distace work.

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Sounds like a multi tip feeder rod would serve you well with 1 2 and 3oz tips. You can use the 1oz tip for bream and light ledgering work. The 2oz tip is useful for tench and in this form can also be used as a decent general purpose float rod. Put in the 3oz tip and you have a rod capable of chucking method feeders big distances/catching Barbel in fast flows/ and also very useful as a spinning rod. YES FOLKS the Shimano Beastmaster 12ft is an Awesome tool.:clap2::notworthy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts