World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the perfect weather forecast, the plan was to give 'Out of the Blue' a run out mid channel for some crash diving pollock.

An early start meant crawling out of the pit at the ungodly hour of 5am.. a uneventful tow down to Weymouth saw us readying OotB under a blood red sun with a rising temp... all looked good!

Rounding Portland Bill at 8am, we pointed SW and cruising at a steady 22 knots anticipation was high.

The first wreck on the edge of the shipping channel was hard to find but threw up my brothers first ever pollock which bought a HUGE smile to his face. We had a few more and the best of the day at 12lb but the fishing was a little sparce.

We then moved again to some 'dodgy' numbers :unsure: but soon found the wreck and fishing started in earnist.

Long story short, between the two of us we filled the new Icey Tek box with about 20 pollock, had a glorious day in the warm srping sunshine and gave the new boat a good working over.

The final surprise was the fuel consumption. My buddy boat - Enticer (Warrior 165, 75hp etec) returned a remarkable 55l for an 80 mile round trip. I was unsure with OotB, as the gauge showed empty on the ay home and bounced alot, but on fueling her up on the way home, she took 58 litres...only 3 more than Enticer but 1/2 as heavy again and 2x the HP - the new 130hp Honda seems very frugal!!

A thoroughly enjoyable day!

Best fish of the day, held by my brother...

Attachments

G

·
Lovely fish and a good report. I wish my boat was as good on fuel, 50 miles last week and 100 litres used, ouch!
Going in for a service next week so hopefully some improvement afterwards.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Lovely fish and a good report. I wish my boat was as good on fuel, 50 miles last week and 100 litres used, ouch!
Going in for a service next week so hopefully some improvement afterwards.
I often wonder if it a policy to fit a slightly larger engine,that is the boat will take it transom wise,i know from experence that larger engines in lorrys gives les engine wear and because they are not working so hard more econimic on fuel ?
== PAT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts