World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big advantage of being off through the week is that I can get access to spots that are usually only accessible when I'm at work. Getting the tide,the time of low water,and sea condition right doesn't happen often when you only really have the sunday each week to catch it right. Anyhoo,today worked out just fine and I copied F1F3R and Martyboy and headed off early at the crack of 9 o clock,(well I am on holiday),to a spot where I haven't ever fished and not caught something decent. Got set up with one rod and it was pulled off the stand as I was setting up the second rod.Stuck fast in the kelp and had to pull for a snap-off but at least it showed there were fish there. First fish landed was a wrasse of about the 1lb mark,followed by a 3lb codling. Lots of bites and another couple lost in the tangles,then a wee while later struck into a wrasse of about 2 1/2lbs which was about 100 shades of green and one of the bonniest I've ever had.The pic doesn't really do it justice. Next up was a colding of 5 1/2lbs which put up a real good struggle. Yet another couple lost in the tangles again and finished off with another wrasse of about the 1lb mark. Headed along the road at about 12 with a stop to pull my creels which produced 2 sized,and 2 undersized lobsters which made 11 sized lobsters from 2 creels in 6 days. Now to put my feet up and watch the telly for a couple of hours.I like this holiday lark.

First up,wrasse of about 1lb

Then codling number 1

Really nicely coloured wrasse of about 2 1/2lbs

Then my best red codling of the year so far.

And another wrasse of the 1lb or so to finish

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You sure manage to get some cracking fish Bob and always manage to get great pictures of them to. Excellent mate, well done

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
another great haul Bob.
what a cracker off a low tide today ehh. seemed too go out forever.

some braw colours on these wrasse and a few really good fish, 5 1/2 lb coddie is a braw size for winter never mind now.

Ps... did ye have too set yer alarm for yer early session ? :D .

brilliant session m8, well done :clap:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Nice one again, Bob - some more handsome fish there, mate. And a smashing red cod! :thumbs:

You need to watch yourself with those early rises though...after all, you ARE on your hols! :D

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another great haul Bob.
what a cracker off a low tide today ehh. seemed too go out forever.

You're right there Andy,I doubt if I was fishing in much more than 6 to 8 feet of water most of the time,just goes to show though that decent fish don't necessairly need deep water. It would have been a good day for the float but of course I'd forgottent to lift any :doh:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
well in bob
some nice fish there

(i need to move)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts