World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

About 2 months ago I bought the shakespear Saltwater Spin 3 Peice 1 to 3oz Rod. After a couple of sessions with it i noticed there wasnt something right with it. After closer inspection i noticed that the spigot on the tip section was slighty bent. This started to really bug me and i thought it would give GAC a call. I had only used this rod for float fishing and fishing in very close ( - 20yards) . i advised of GAC of the above and also told them that i had lost the receipt. They told me to bring it in. Took it in this afternoon and after inspection they told me to go a pick a new rod ( no questiones asked ) Ended up exchanging it for a Ugly stick spinning rod, 3 packets of 1/0s 1 packet of 3/0s and some shock leader.

I normally read some really bad reviews on here about GAC but today they were great and were happy to exchange the rod even though i had used it a couple of times.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was in there on Friday also purchasing an Ugly Stik and various other bits and bobs

The guys could not have been nicer and took ages talking to me about where I'd be fishing and what I would hope to catch

As a total novice this really helped with the choices of kit to buy , I couldnt have been any happier with the service !

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a good deal on the ugly sticks i must say.. Hopefully go for a wrasse bash during the week down at greenock to give it a bash

·
Registered
21,773 Posts
Hi All,

About 2 months ago I bought the shakespear Saltwater Spin 3 Peice 1 to 3oz Rod. After a couple of sessions with it i noticed there wasnt something right with it. After closer inspection i noticed that the spigot on the tip section was slighty bent. This started to really bug me and i thought it would give GAC a call. I had only used this rod for float fishing and fishing in very close ( - 20yards) . i advised of GAC of the above and also told them that i had lost the receipt. They told me to bring it in. Took it in this afternoon and after inspection they told me to go a pick a new rod ( no questiones asked ) Ended up exchanging it for a Ugly stick spinning rod, 3 packets of 1/0s 1 packet of 3/0s and some shock leader.

I normally read some really bad reviews on here about GAC but today they were great and were happy to exchange the rod even though i had used it a couple of times.
:laugh:I think it's who you get on the day, same with most places.:laugh:

G

·
Good news, but I don't understand why all the posts congratulating retailers for what is merely conforming with their responsibilities under the legislation. Surely that is the minimum we should expect?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news, but I don't understand why all the posts congratulating retailers for what is merely conforming with their responsibilities under the legislation. Surely that is the minimum we should expect?
well it makes a difference to alot of the posts i have seen on here slating them and it shows they are capable of good service. that the was the point in the post.

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,980 Posts
you're right there, but considering how many times you can buy stuff and receive bad service or be let down by retailers, a positive report for one can be very helpful.

G

·
All I can add is that from past post reports re. GAC, there is a world of difference between their service on the web and that when you're on the premises. The guys in the shop are helpful, knowledgeable, & do their best on a face-to-face basis to make sure you've invested in the right equipment.

·
Registered
728 Posts
You expect, and I expect, but how many retailers actually provide the service? There are some very good ones out there, but they are few and far between. And it is nice to hear GAC getting a good press for a change. Lincolnshire is a bit of a desert when it comes to (good) tackle shops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been in quite a few times over the last few weeks, picked up an Ugly stik and a new beachcaster. The service I've been getting is fantastic, specifically from a guy called Alex, he's helped myself and my fella out a lot, sat with us showing us knots for attaching shock leader. Really good guy and a great service.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They must be doing a bomb on ugly stiks! Three of us who go out together regularly all bought ugly stiks recently(We,re the ugly stik gang). When my missus had a cast of mine she was so impressed that she bought one as well (Read, "oh, that's nice, buy me one of those but the 2.70 one).

Good, light, budget rods and virtually unbreakable.

·
Banned
15,237 Posts
Lost the little screw thing that holds the handle on my Diawa beach reel. Was in the Glasgow Angling Centre with a mate a while ago. Remembered my reel and asked about a replacement screw. Guy told me to phone him back with reel model and he'd order one for me. They got the replacement and posted it out to me free of charge.

The reel wasn't even bought from them and in Mikeybhoy's case, he never had the reciept. Have a mate who also returned a reel with no reciept, they replaced it. I know they'll just send the returns back to the manufacturers but still a great service.

Glasgow Angling Centre used to get slagged off a bit for they're service but since opening the new shop they seem to have got they're act together. Don't know how they are with mail order stuff, I don't use mail order, but from what I've read, that used to be they're main stumbling ground.

They seem to have one guy who's in charge of mail orders now instead of a lot of running around in different directions. His names Alex, j4ynut has already mentioned him. He also works the floor, was him who got me my replacement screw. I'm not pin-pointing one person, anytime I've been in I've found whoever serves me to be helpful.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeap, I think most of the negatives (on here) about GAC have been regarding their MAIL order side / service, and not about their face to face service in the shop(s). Lets face it, running a decent mail order service is a different thing entirely and probably a lot more difficult to actually get it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts