World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a mark I`d rather keep to myself last night into this morning cos it`s not that well known. 1st cast with sandeel - Small eyed ray of about 5lb`s, 2nd cast with a side of joey mackie - Small eyed about 9lb (didn`t bother weighing them for the accurate weight). Just before low water cast a double crab bait pretty far. It wasn`t out there long then the tip arched over and stayed that way. A few mins later and a bit of a tussle a nice size conger was beached at my feet. I thought I`d better check this on the scales cos it looks a good size. So got him into the bag and weighed him up. It went 17lb 4oz and a new p.b shore conger for me so was chuffed with that :clap2:. Had many double figure shore conger`s but not this big. Did try taking 1 o`r pics of it next to my box on the ground using my phone but they turned out s*** and no 1 else around to take 1. 2 cast later (I think it was with crab again) I had another conger of 9lb 2oz. He or should I say "it" lol, and the other fish all went back ok. Only had another 1 or 2 cast after that as the tide was racing in and weed was becoming a real nuisance on the flood. I even had 2 stop while reeling in to get the weed off the end of my rod tip on the last couple of casts :mad:. But overall I was happy with that sess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not bad ryd,im glad y didnt give my mark away cant belive not many people fish it,i know that it only can fished on big low tides but who cares:clap2:shame u didnt have any bass :schmoll:but u can win them all,r u after the smoothies this weekend,if u are i want to c some pics of your fish lol ,phone me later fishymath

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Well done Rhyd m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
174 Posts
nice fishing m8 me got a good idea where u were fishing :g::icecream::D:ph34r::marinheir, maybe fishing high water in the week r u on hols

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Jord. It was a gd sess yes. Trouble is my regular fishing partner`s done his back in so I went alone and I couldn`t have a nice pic of me holding the conger :sad:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done m8:thumbs:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every angler who`s been fishing for yrs has got that 1 mark that they like to keep to themselves haven`t we guys lol :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts