World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Car loaded, bait in prime condition. Looks like a good session ahead, chosen venue was Sandy gap as the conditions seemed to me to favour this venue. Fishing started quiet with a bit of weed, but conditions were improving as the night went on, I missed a fiddly bite…. Than on the next chuck landed a codling, great stuff fish are moving into the area.

Rod wrenching bite, adrenaline pumping I hastily baited up and cast in the same spot….BANG!! rod headin seawards……. SMOOTH HOUND after a brilliant battle between angler and fish I stood victorious with a Smoothy of around the 8lb mark on the sand.. Bass didn’t show up but I managed another 3 smoothys and a Dog fish. 4 smoothys 4 codling and a doggie…. With a southerly/southwesterly wind forecast for Friday I thought I would save some bait as it’s a perfect wind for the Bass.

G

·
Mod's comment. I initially left Kendodd's post alone, but posted a comment to the effect there was a little too much about another member. That member has since requested that references to him should be removed.

Contrary to opinion in some quarters, I really enjoy banter - and have been known to play a little rough myself in other WSF forums. But this post was not universally well received and as Mod I have to try and strike a balance.

Please remember that commenting on a Mod's decision in open forums is not permitted. I'll happily discuss matters in PMs, or you can ask for a more senior member of the Modding team to review my decision.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Car loaded, bait in prime condition. Looks like a good session ahead, chosen venue was Sandy gap as the conditions seemed to me to favour this venue. Fishing started quiet with a bit of weed, but conditions were improving as the night went on, I missed a fiddly bite…. Than on the next chuck landed a codling, great stuff fish are moving into the area.

Rod wrenching bite, adrenaline pumping I hastily baited up and cast in the same spot….BANG!! rod headin seawards……. SMOOTH HOUND after a brilliant battle between angler and fish I stood victorious with a Smoothy of around the 8lb mark on the sand.. Bass didn’t show up but I managed another 3 smoothys and a Dog fish. 4 smoothys 4 codling and a doggie…. With a southerly/southwesterly wind forecast for Friday I thought I would save some bait as it’s a perfect wind for the Bass.
well in there :clap: ken lad sounds like you had a good session down sandy gap, did you fish with matty or were you alone.
was thinking of having a session myself today, ill have to see what the weathers doing, might just turn up down barrow myself mate. :fishing1::clap::fishing1:

·
Banned
187 Posts
well in there :clap: ken lad sounds like you had a good session down sandy gap, did you fish with matty or were you alone.
was thinking of having a session myself today, ill have to see what the weathers doing, might just turn up down barrow myself mate. :fishing1::clap::fishing1:
The person you mentioned blanked but the main thing is the taking part lol

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
What bait and rigs were you using ken ? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts