World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently booked a boat out of Lymington to take a bunch of fly fishing customers, at the last minuete the skipper called to cancell, as it was a corporate day I said no way. he organised another boat, " Spike Islander" Skipper Andy Smith, Tel 023 8043 4429. what a day, before we were off the dock the kettle was boiling and orders taken, some guys werre watching Breakfast TV while we steamed out !! this boat is immaculate, all the kit you could cram in into a 36ft Cat. as they were all novice sea angllers I told him we wanted light Tackle fishing, Bream then Bass, Kit was supplied, and set up, advice was given all day, we had rucks loads of Bream, returning most, then went looking for Bass with Live Mackies, unfortunetly the day had to end, 8 good Bass and enough Bream and Mackies for every every one. if you want a charter out of Southampton ( his base ) you could not do better. They had such a good day one guy organised TWO boats for the following month. 14 new recruits to the sport. Best fish was a 8lb 2 oz Bass to a 5ft 1inch chinese girl, ( Aeronautics engineer ) the fish was almost as big as her ! We are q2uick to complain these days, so when some one does a great job, we should spread the good word as well. :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Shropfisher,

Many thanks for your posting.

I or should I say we are always on the lookout for Good Charter Skippers. As you know they are hard to come by, and any recommendations are appreciated.

I shall certainly give your man a ring and make a booking.

We were out on Jo Dan today out of Portsmouth. I have been out with him on quite a few occasions but would not recommend him for future trips. The skipper, Phil, spent most of the day sleeping whilst we fished for ??? A bad days outing.

I, as usual enjoyed my day out, but would have preferred to have been on board my usual boat Meridian Express.

Thank You.

Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts