World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!
me and a mate want to have a look at a good range of boat rods, problem is we cant find anywhere who stock a decent amount. someone who stocks the zippy range would be nice.
anybody know of any large sea tackle shops within a couple of hours drive from dover?

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Well Sparky if its a Zzippie boat rod you want that narrows it down a bit! Most Zzziplex stockists will carry or be able to order the 'sea raider' 6-8 oz uptider or the lighter version, don't think TC does the 'trucker' downtider anymore! (for those who are too young or too senile to remember ,Terry Carol of Zziplex once built an awesome boat rod of that name for tv's 'Recordbreakers' programme. A guy pulled an artic tractor unit over the stage with the rod and a penn senator 10/0 reel,cheers, mick

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
i belive only Summerlands and UK Hooks do Zziplex Downtiders?? most of the usual Zzippy dealers can get the uptiders as Mick has said :wiggle:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Bloody heck Marky Mark......

Your using the 'Z' word.....

After all the things you said............... ?

Loose Goose is selling a couple of Century sticks, try cutting the floppy end off one of them and Gaffa taping your reel on... ?

Brazils have the Kamazee (somthing like that) in, and also a few nice 12lb class rods. But...... Yes..... thinking about it......... You'll be spending some propper money wont you.... ;);)

Get Dennis somthing small...... A long rod could cause him some serious problems with the falcrum effect if it rested on the gunnell :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::group:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys!

BADGER: yes badger, i used the Z word, but not for me, i will never be associated to 'a multi directional casting zippy ****', you can always spot them a mile off, just look for the jumpers with loads of badges sewn on to it! :)

and yes, we WILL be spending propper money, on propper rods, not the floppy or broomstick rods made by 8 yr old thai kids. tall person wants a zippy, and me... well... i got some prototypes arriving soon from someone.... be intresting!

4ally: we have thought about that and possibly getting one custom made for my mate.

mr loosey: nice looking tackle shop! shame they aint a bit closer to home :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts